Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local Menards and bought a 5 dollar strip of non skid step tape and made some talon grips out of it. Can get about 3 grips for 5 bucks. Sweet deal. Had to sand it down a bit. It was too rough. But it's perfect now. And blacker than talon grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks like some precision cutting there, how did you do it? Looks like it came out great!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheet of 3M non skid tape, a pair of scissors, a razor blade, a pencil, and a blow drier. Took little over an hour. And thanks. I think it came out perfect. Covered the whole grip.

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
You could give 5 sheets of the gripe tape, scissors, razor blade, and a pencil. Also 5 hours and it would look crap. Looks perfect, good job!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Grips look good! Good job!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But thanks for the compliments everyone. It feels better than the Talon grips once it's worn down a tad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Made mine also, Go to a skateboard shop, ask them for a sheet of grip tape. I got a 10"x48" for $5. They usually have Black Diamond or Mob Grip, Same kind Talon uses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
g23

thats awesome what grit did u start off with ? i would like 2 do the same and did u just wing it or have a template

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
g23guy said:
thats awesome what grit did u start off with ? i would like 2 do the same and did u just wing it or have a template
Totally winged it. Wasted alot of it but it was cheap as hell so I didn't care. I actually just put some on my mp15-22. I know I don't need it but It made the grip look cool. Lol. I don't know the grit. I just went to menards and bought a strip of stair grip tape with the reflector on it. Just cut the yellow reflector part off. It only cost 5 bucks and I still have alot left. Maybe enough for two more guns.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NvRBanArms said:
Totally winged it. Wasted alot of it but it was cheap as hell so I didn't care. I actually just put some on my mp15-22. I know I don't need it but It made the grip look cool. Lol. I don't know the grit. I just went to menards and bought a strip of stair grip tape with the reflector on it. Just cut the yellow reflector part off. It only cost 5 bucks and I still have alot left. Maybe enough for two more guns.
Just make sure when u have everything in place where you want it on the grip. Then use a blow drier to heat the tape up and press it on real solid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts