Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't afford a real safe at the moment so I found an old yellow Flammable Locker that cost about $1,000 new on Craigslist for $100 and brought it home to turn it into a gun locker. Still gotta add lighting, add final coat of glossy black paint/lacquer, add a dehumidifier, a secure locking system, and racks for guns, but here's some pics of my progress so far. The material I lined the inside with and the shelves is polyester velour if anyone is wondering. Tell me what you all think.

Wood Rectangle Fixture Amber Wood stain

Wood Home appliance Wood stain Kitchen appliance Gas

Window Gas Wood Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Rectangle Wood Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

Wood Flooring Floor Rectangle Hardwood

Dress Sleeve Tints and shades Sportswear Electric blue

Couch Wood Bottle Flooring Floor

Wood Floor Gas Machine Cabinetry

Wood Flooring Floor Gas Brick

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Doesn't look bad. Only problem is it can be broken into incredibly fast. Its a nice storage cabinet with a lock for the kids though.

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
AF1Sgt said:
Can't afford a real safe at the moment so I found an old yellow Flammable Locker that cost about $1,000 new on Craigslist for $100 and brought it home to turn it into a gun locker. Still gotta add lighting, add final coat of glossy black paint/lacquer, add a dehumidifier, a secure locking system, and racks for guns, but here's some pics of my progress so far. The material I lined the inside with and the shelves is polyester velour if anyone is wondering. Tell me what you all think.
I like it! way to get er done! hahaha

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Webphisher said:
Doesn't look bad. Only problem is it can be broken into incredibly fast. Its a nice storage cabinet with a lock for the kids though.
Yeah, I'm still looking into ways to secure it. My wife's dad is a welder and he says he can make it pretty secure. It weigh about 300lbs empty, but I plan on bolting it to the floor to make it harder for someone to try and move it. The doors are 2.5" thick. Not solo steel, but pretty sturdy construction. Good enough to keep my 1,4 and 7 yr olds out of it. Thanks for looking at it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
two words: LED Lights
I've been looking at different sites and don't know what would work best... Under cabinet LED or LED strips or rope lights? What do you recommend?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, I'd like to decorate it with some cool stickers and I was thinking a big white Glock Perfection sticker would contrast good on the black; any other cool sticker ideas?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I think it's turning out pretty good. Nice & roomy too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
AF1Sgt said:
Hey guys, I'd like to decorate it with some cool stickers and I was thinking a big white Glock Perfection sticker would contrast good on the black; any other cool sticker ideas?
Plug: How about a "Glock Forum" sticker?

Like! Ya done well. It's definitely a cabinet rather than a safe but a cabinet is better than nothing, right.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I've been looking at different sites and don't know what would work best... Under cabinet LED or LED strips or rope lights? What do you recommend?
One round LED light on the top should do it.

IMO bad idea. Really it should just look like a cabinet, draw as little attention to it as possible. If I'm a thief and I see a big Glock sticker I know for sure you have guns and valuables in there.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
No, $100.00 was a good buy. I used to set them up for autobody shops, and they are pretty pricy. Just the wall cabinets for 3m abrasives are around $300.00. I've seen shops use them for tool lockers also, like to store paint guns, & DA's. Sometimes they would cut a rectangle slot on both sides, at the front, and run a piece of steel strapping through the slots, & installed guides on the inside of the backs of the doors. The strap would have a 90 degree bend on one end, and a hole on the other end sticking out the opposite side of the cabinet. A big padlock for the hole, & you have a hidden stockade bar to secure the doors. Just basic low dollar lockup. But we can't all afford bank vaults.

Looks nice anyway, & the price was right.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
One round LED light on the top should do it.

IMO bad idea. Really it should just look like a cabinet, draw as little attention to it as possible. If I'm a thief and I see a big Glock sticker I know for sure you have guns and valuables in there.
Good point, I'll just put a flammable liquids sticker on the outside

Rectangle Font Gas Signage Sign

Attachments

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Agree with making efforts to keep the cabinet discrete. Robbers would go right to it if they see gun stickers on a locked cabinet. Maybe put a label on the doors saying something like Cleaning Supplies, maybe a poison control center sticker on it.

And the cabinet is looking great BTW!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Agree with making efforts to keep the cabinet discrete. Robbers would go right to it if they see gun stickers on a locked cabinet. Maybe put a label on the doors saying something like Cleaning Supplies, maybe a poison control center sticker on it.

And the cabinet is looking great BTW!
A poison control sticker won't work. IF they're meth heads, which they probably are, then the chemicals are more valuable to them than the actual guns.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Argyle_Armoring said:
A poison control sticker won't work. IF they're meth heads, which they probably are, then the chemicals are more valuable to them than the actual guns.
OK, here's what I'm going to do... I'm going to advertise all over the outside with gun and chemical stickers and wire the cabinet with electricity and DVR it in hopes of someone attempting to break in it. It should make a good Americas Funniest Video to send in. :)

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
Thats a good point, totally missed that one

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts