Glock Forum banner

Home Gunsmithing at it's finest!

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Kmurray96 
#1 ·
I sometimes get customers who send me text messages with questions about the different services my little shop offers and other gunsmithing questions...
So this guy sends me this text, (don't know him from Adam) includes this picture of this G21 (I think a Gen 4).
His question to me was... "Can you explain to me how this could happen?"
I texted him back and exclaimed to him "Holy ****!" and asked him what happened?
He tells me...
"This was the second one of these I've done and the first one shoots just fine. That one was mine! The one in that picture was my buddy's G21.
What do you think happened?"
I told him that from what I could see it looked as though there was an overpressure failure just aft of the muzzle. I said that the barrel looked to be an aftermarket compensated barrel, is the slide port matched?
He then tells me...
"Oh yeah! I matched 'em right up! I used the exact same measurements as the Lone Wolf barrel I borrowed from a guy."
I asked him...
"You did this yourself?"
he told me...
"Oh Yeah!"
I then asked him how?
He said... "I used a mill and just drilled right thru the slide. The hard part was cuttin thru the barrel. I had to used a Diamond grinder wheel! Man them barrels is hard!"
He then tells me how the pistol is on it's way to Glock for warranty...
I had to laugh!

See less See more
#7 ·
I've seen something like that. Someone put a ported barrel in a G19 that didn't have a ported slide. The dust cover was bent downward but it wasn't bad, he must've realized the problem after only a few rounds and stopped before it got too bad. I think he boiled the dust cover then bent it back and held it in place while it cooled, it came out looking fine.

That looks like the dust cover is just barely hanging on by the serial number plate.

#9 ·
lol this is a prime example of my father all ways saying to me growing up "if you don't know what your doing, don't touch it". The only way to learn sometimes to to crash an burn, provided you are still alive to learn from it lol;).

Or you can take it as this is one expensive learning experience cause now its is going to cost more to fix the gun then it would have been to just get the right barrel from people who know what they are doing.

#10 ·
Or you can take it as this is one expensive learning experience cause now its is going to cost more to fix the gun then it would have been to just get the right barrel from people who know what they are doing.
Looks to me like this gun is a total loss in insurance terms. Cheaper to just buy a new gun since the barrel is definitely toast, the frame is broken, and there is possible damage to the slide (I can't tell for sure from the picture but it doesn't look right). You could salvage some parts for spares possibly. Not sure what might be damaged back inside the frame and slide though.

What a waste of a good gun...

#15 ·
Heard he's thinking of opening up a gun shop, too.

Forrest Gump's
Gunsmithing, LLC
est. 2012

Duzzi Bots, prop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.