Home bedside storage

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jatgasr, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jatgasr

jatgasr New Member

Is a fleece lined hangun case good idea to prevent moisture or is out in open a better way to keep home protection handgun at bedside

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Fleece and foam tend to hold moisture against a gun, which can lead to rust and pitting.

I myself don't leave my valued firearms in such an enviornment...

3. Kreig

Kreig New Member

So you advise against storing it in the glock case for extended periods of time?

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I myself do not...all my firearms reside in two large safes with a de-humidifier plugged-in

and are in racks through which air circulates around them...the cases are used to carry them

to the range and back...not much else. I also keep all original cases and boxes in which the firearms

come in as they add value when selling them.

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

My glock currently sits (when not on my person or immediate control) in a winchester heavy gauge steel pistol lock box bolted to the bottom of my bed. Out of sight unless you are under my bed. While it is a glock, I am not concerned about humidity and moister, I live in Phx btw. If I had weapons, such as my muzzle loaders, that have wood or raw steel/iron parts, they should not be stored with any foam. Those sit in a nice wood/glass display case.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm the exact same way. My safe is in a convenient location to the master bed and it remains unlocked while I'm at home and sleeping at night. Before I leave the house I lock the safe.

7. Augi

Augi New Member

I keep mine tucked inside an open area of my nightstand. It is held against the side wall by a magnet screwed into the wood. It hides my weapon and yet, makes it immediately accessible. I used heat shrink over the magnet so my Glock doesn't get scratched.

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I like the magnet idea. Right now My G17 25th anniversary sits in a safe with a dehumidifier. My G30 and G19 both sit in a cabinet right next to my bed. In the same cabinet as my whiskey actually lol.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8[/ame]

Bolt it down if you don't want it to go anywhere. Throw a desiccant pack in the bottom and keep the gun well oiled and there's no worry about rust.

10. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Good idea. Where did you get the magnet?

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

12. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

PM ConquestN98858 and ask, it was their thread. Cant seem to find a link on google myself.

13. Augi

Augi New Member

I got the magnet and the heat shrink tubing at Home Depot. The magnets came in a two pack. They are about 1" X 1 1/2" x 1/4". I mounted three magnets to some 1/8" steel stock I had. I simply stuck the magnets to the steel stock, heat shrinked the magnets to the steel, drilled two mounting holes in the steel and whalaa. It is so strong that I can mount My G-17 with full mag and TLS-1 under a desk or counter. My gun hangs (literally)on to the magnets all day at work.

14. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I carry IWB of my pajamas. Joking!

15. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Thank you.

16. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey Augi, do you have any pictures to post of your setup? Would love to see it.

17. Augi

Augi New Member

Here is my set up at work. (right over the cash drawer.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  18. cardguy

cardguy New Member

Iowa
    Mine in laying right next to me on my night stand. Cocked, locked and ready to rock.