Home based ffl

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by rexg23, Feb 10, 2012.

1. rexg23

rexg23 New Member

Am considering on trying to get home based ffl has anyone done or tried please all and any info helpful I am in Texas

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. rexg23

rexg23 New Member

Thanks I am fixing to check it out

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Also check out ffl123.com. It doesn't cost much and has a lot of extra info that I found useful.

5. rexg23

rexg23 New Member

I just saw that ffl123 in a magazine I just picked up from what I read it seems to give you everything you need I an just wondering how much hassle and what all I need to do at home as far as being approved

6. Hamster

Hamster New Member

I don't think you can have an FFL tied you your actual residence. I have a friend at work that has an FFL but, he's having to build a seperate building on his property with a seperate address number for the FFL.

7. You can as long as you are not in violation of local law/code/ordinance. I'm LEO, have good friends in BATF, and am doing home based ffl until I get full shop built (on same property). I do not live in city limits so not subject to in-town ordinances. I also have a range and have department training here as well as teach State concealed carry.

Hope this helps.

8. I should add there are certain requirements the BATF will look for during initial inspection and all subsequent inspections.