Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering on trying to get home based ffl has anyone done or tried please all and any info helpful I am in Texas

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Also check out ffl123.com. It doesn't cost much and has a lot of extra info that I found useful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just saw that ffl123 in a magazine I just picked up from what I read it seems to give you everything you need I an just wondering how much hassle and what all I need to do at home as far as being approved

·
Banned
147 Posts
I don't think you can have an FFL tied you your actual residence. I have a friend at work that has an FFL but, he's having to build a seperate building on his property with a seperate address number for the FFL.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hamster said:
I don't think you can have an FFL tied you your actual residence. I have a friend at work that has an FFL but, he's having to build a seperate building on his property with a seperate address number for the FFL.
You can as long as you are not in violation of local law/code/ordinance. I'm LEO, have good friends in BATF, and am doing home based ffl until I get full shop built (on same property). I do not live in city limits so not subject to in-town ordinances. I also have a range and have department training here as well as teach State concealed carry.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hamster said:
I should add there are certain requirements the BATF will look for during initial inspection and all subsequent inspections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts