holsters

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by shiflet, Feb 6, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Kydex, leather, hip, ankle? What's your preference and why???

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I have a hybrid leather/kydex. The part that rests on my body is leather, and the scabbard that holds the gun is kydex. It is an IWb concealed carry holster I like the Kydex because the mouth does not close up, and it protects the trigger well. The leather is actually horsehide, and it is quite comfortable.

3. fls348

fls348 New Member

For IWB I agree! Crossbreed style kydex / leather hybrid are very comfy.
    For OWB I like a Fobus for CC mainly because they ride closer to the body. Also very comfy.
    I daily carry for work using a Blackhawk CQC Serpa. Again also very comfy.

Holsters are a very opinionated subject, everyone has there own opinion and suggestions. Chances are you'll have 4, 5 or 6 in the closet before you find "the one". Although it'd be great to find one right out of the box and save all the money on holsters that don't work for you.........

4. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Are any of these holsters usable with a tac light??

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Kydex perfect fit to weapon all the time. Draw weight consistent all the time. Leather stretches..the best leather holster will feel like it secures your weapon with Velcro (when drawing your weapon) in comparison to the best Kydex counterpart. Quickest access will be off your hip. Since you mentioned ankle holsters, I assume you are concerned with concealment. That being the case, a good IWB like mentioned above will have Kydex to secure the weapon and leather against your body for comfort.

6. fls348

fls348 New Member

Mine aren't, but there are some kydex ones that are.......

7. rubikees

rubikees New Member

I have a leather lined, kydex holster. The leather is on the inside of the kydex holster.

8. jimmyalbrecht

I found mine on the first try! I wear a polo shirt over mine positioned at 4 o clock on my right hip, and it does not print at all. I got mine from White Hat Holsters, and I definitely recommend them, the customer service was great.

9. RES17CUE

RES17CUE New Member

Same here Jimmy. Mine came in today after an anxious 2 week wait. White Hat is definitely one of the most professional companies I have ever dealt with.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

11. jimmyalbrecht

Shooter, can you post pics of what that holster looks like while being worn?

12. shiflet

shiflet New Member

13. ryan5701

ryan5701 New Member

I am looking to try a Crossbreed Supertuck for my new G20C! Any input?

14. Braz

Braz New Member

Go to Comp-Tac.com ! Nuff said

15. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

It's a great holster

16. I have one or more of each type and location depending on what I'm doing. Gallo shoulder rig has held up well. Also have had great luck with the Garrett Industries stuff.

17. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Ditto, I have shoulder rigs, utility belt set ups, paddle holster, IWB's, etc. It all depends on what I am doing. I like the shoulder rig during rifle season, keeps it out of the way. Utility belt while working in the woods, and the others are for every day carry.

18. Roger that.

19. BowflexLA

BowflexLA New Member

Crossbreed Super Tuck is awesome. I have two, one for my Glock 23 and one for my Kel-Tec PF9. Jmho

20. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Who makes a decent shoulder rig?