Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to put a light on my Taurus 1911 AR but i cannot find a good holster that accommodates lights. I looked into black hawk Xiphos and my buddy showed me the light, looks great but there is only one holster for it. Also, are there any IWB options for weapons with lights/lasers??

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
MikeP is a vendor on here and makes holsters for guns with lights. I don't know about a Taurus 1911 with a light but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Plus you'd be supporting our vendors here at GlockForum.

·
Registered
448 Posts
singyourdeathsong said:
I really want to put a light on my Taurus 1911 AR but i cannot find a good holster that accommodates lights. I looked into black hawk Xiphos and my buddy showed me the light, looks great but there is only one holster for it. Also, are there any IWB options for weapons with lights/lasers??
I already asked Mike and he said he could accommodate that gun (I have one myself and was interested too)

·
Registered
931 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
MikeP is a vendor on here and makes holsters for guns with lights. I don't know about a Taurus 1911 with a light but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Plus you'd be supporting our vendors here at GlockForum.
+1 for MikeP defensive holsters.com

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Glock_Fanatic said:
Still trying to get a hold of him...
Don't forget, today is Sunday. He may be spending time with his family or otherwise occupied since its the weekend. I'd give him till around 2 on Monday to get back to you.

·
Registered
653 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
Don't forget, today is Sunday. He may be spending time with his family or otherwise occupied since its the weekend. I'd give him till around 2 on Monday to get back to you.
I sent him a pm on 15 jun and haven't heard back... Haven't seen him in the forum either.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Glock_Fanatic said:
I sent him a pm on 15 jun and haven't heard back... Haven't seen him in the forum either.
Oh, I stand corrected. Truth be told, now that I think about it, I haven't seen him either. Wonder what that's about.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had that same gun for a while And had issues finding a holster for it. One for a taclight would have to be made for you im sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on, a buddy gave me the entire Serpa system for the beretta 92 and while back (chest, shoulder, belt, drop leg, and connectors). Although I don't own a beretta, I can buy any Serpa holster molded to my 1911 and use it, so it might just be worth it to go with the Serpa xiphos, has anyone tried that light out?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
singyourdeathsong said:
Right on, a buddy gave me the entire Serpa system for the beretta 92 and while back (chest, shoulder, belt, drop leg, and connectors). Although I don't own a beretta, I can buy any Serpa holster molded to my 1911 and use it, so it might just be worth it to go with the Serpa xiphos, has anyone tried that light out?
That sounds like a good idea. I haven't used the xiphos light but I haven't heard anything bad about it. I use the Serpa for my Glock and have everything but the shoulder in tan which isn't very useful for a black uniform lol.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
singyourdeathsong said:
I carry a lot of blackhawk stuff! I could set you up with a serpa package.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,395 Posts
Safariland makes a tactical and duty holster for a railed 1911 with M-3, X300 and TLR series of tac lights. I don't know if the Taurus is different from the other 1911's on the market. I'm sure if you have a police supply in your area they would let you test fit yours.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,395 Posts
itsj0hnnyb0y said:
Check out bladetech.
Didn't think of that and I have one. It has the spring loaded hood and is faster than the Safariland. Great holster. Only issue is it cost almost $200. Someone was selling one on this forum don't know if it's still for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a new holster, I can't remember the name, but it is shaped like a c-clamp and puts retention on the slide. This allows them to leave the part where the rail is open so you can put any tactical light/laser you want. I'll get the name of it later and post it for ou

1 - 20 of 35 Posts