Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any recommendations for a good concealed IWB holster for my G19. Obviously functionality is essential, however I am mainly looking for comfort.

I live in South Florida, where it's Summer 360 days a year and I feel like the Kydex ones will be too stiff and get uncomfortable wearing in the heat all day. Am I wrong?

I was thinking leather. Or are there any other softer holster materials than Kydex that still provide good functionality?

Since I live in a swamp, I only wear pants and a jacket about 2 days out of the year, so that thing needs to stay nice and concealed too! (Unless our legislature stops kicking the can down the road for the last 25 years and puts an open carry bill on DeSantis' desk already).

Thanks for any suggestions.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sticky anything else won’t work in SFL humidity.
Never even heard of those until just now. Thanks brotha! I'm looking at them now on the website, can't tell if they are clip on or belt loop though. Then I got it. They are "sticky" lol...Do they really hold strong though? Is it like velcro or something?

Why specifically do you recommend this for SoFla heat/humidity? Just because I would've assumed the humidity and body sweat would work against the adhesiveness, or stickiness.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve been living in hot humid environments for most of my life. The sticky holsters work.
I just ordered one, they were on sale on Amazon. Definitely need something to work with that humidity. I still want to get a hybrid kydex/leather one like my boy 'Gladesbassin' suggested. But can't hurt to have the Sticky even just as a backup. Or for quick trips when you're wearing basketball shorts and walking the dog, getting gas, w.e.

Appreciate the recommendation brotha!

· Registered
60 Posts
Looking for any recommendations for a good concealed IWB holster for my G19. Obviously functionality is essential, however I am mainly looking for comfort.

I live in South Florida, where it's Summer 360 days a year and I feel like the Kydex ones will be too stiff and get uncomfortable wearing in the heat all day. Am I wrong?

I was thinking leather. Or are there any other softer holster materials than Kydex that still provide good functionality?

Since I live in a swamp, I only wear pants and a jacket about 2 days out of the year, so that thing needs to stay nice and concealed too! (Unless our legislature stops kicking the can down the road for the last 25 years and puts an open carry bill on DeSantis' desk already).

Thanks for any suggestions.
I have four Vedder Comfort Tuck hybrid holsters (1 leather inside/ 3 horsehide) for my Glocks/1911s.

The first one I got fits all my full size Glocks (G45, G22.5, G23.5), the second one fits all my 1911s, the third one fits my G20.5/Olight PL Pro and the leather backed one fits my G48 MOS/G43X. They are more comfortable worn at 8:30 than my Vedder Light Tuck kydex holsters. I now carry a 43X BUG in a Vedder Pocket Tuck in my left front jean pocket and it works well, but our humidity in OK is not nearly what you have in FL.

G22.5
Handgun holster Wood Personal protective equipment Electric blue Auto part

RIA 52009 10mm
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

G20.5/Holosun SCS going on tomorrow
Handgun holster Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Electric blue

G48 MOS
Auto part Metal Composite material Gas Electric blue

Vedder Comfort Tuck Holster

· Premium Member
15,175 Posts
I’ve been using the High Noon Public Secret for my Glock 19 for many years now.

Wood Rectangle Bag Revolver Everyday carry

· Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a new G19 Gen 5, along with an all-Kydex IWB holster from We The People, and I love them both! Also, I added (with Velcro) a Dr. Scholl's heel pad as a wedge, and it definitely adds to the comfort factor--rubber side attached to holster; velour side against body. I'm in South Alabama.

Attachments

· Droid on a mission
262 Posts
I am also in Florida (Central) and carry IWB everyday. I usually wear a light undershirt and use a Kydex IWB holster from We The People for my G43.Have had it at least 2 years now and still looks great and comfortable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts