Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm Dan, I'm new here.

I am coming to you all to ask you for advice about holsters.

I own and love my Glock 22 Gen 4.

Here are the features I want in a holster:

+Belt attachable
+ability to holster pistol with an attached accessory, i.e. flashlight and/or laser sight
+thumb release

Things I don't want in the holster:

-strap that retains pistol
-paddle only

This holster is for use for instance at a private range, where I can simply reholster after completing a session or between sessions, like when I will be simply loading a new magazine and not required to put the pistol back in its case.

Possibly later for use if I move to a state with open carry or if I get a carry permit or ccw in a state that issues them (NJ is a 'will not issue' state functionally. Overall NJ is relatively hostile to gun owners..)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please respond with ideas, suggestions, recommendations and anything you think I've probably overlooked in my holster shopping experience.

Also, what holster did you choose and why?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you should check out our venders here, they can offer a lot of good products, I'm sure one of them will have what you are looking for

·
Registered
362 Posts
Depending on where you live you could check law enforcement stores. And you could buy a duty holster they have many brands for light bearing set ups and non light bearing. I usually go to lawmens it is in south jersey near pennsauken. The two holsters I prefer are while on duty is a safari land triple retention and off duty for range use is the blackhawk SERPA it's non light bearing but works very well. Also check out g code holsters they come in several set ups. Several reviews of them on you tube hope this helps. And I wish nj allowed ccw permits too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank pbill. I'll look in to that place and law enforcement retailers in general, I didn't even consider that there were law enforcement stores.

Ash, that vendor doesn't seem to have any product that meets what I'm looking for, though I appreciate the suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts