Holster for a G26?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by glk26lvr, Apr 8, 2012.

1. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

Ok I just got a G26 and I need some recommendations for a holster. I don't want that handle against my skin becaused I can imagine it would rub pretty bad. What do you guys suggest?

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You already have some good recommendations in the other thread. I'll second the crossbreed as it is what I use and it is outstanding.

3. there will be a compromise between a holster that protects your skin, and the same holster cut differently for a quicker draw. this cut is referred to as "combat" cut.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a lot of folks swear by the Crossbreed and others by the White Hat. There are numerous "holster" threads already on these forums. Just spend a bit searching through them.

Are you in a state where you must conceal? Are you thinking about In the waistband (IWB) or outside waistband (OWB)? Also, if you live in a hot area, you may want to consider horse hide, instead of cow hide...

4. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

I saw one recommendation for the crossbreed but that's the only one. Therefore, I came to this forum for the formal holster question.

Concerning the crossbreed, does it allow the pistol to rub against your body?

5. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

I don't have to conceal but I want to conceal. I want a IWB holster. I do live in a state where it's really hot in the summer so I may go for the cow hide. Thanks.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Check out the N82(Nate Squared) Tactical. It doesn't allow any part to make contact with your skin. Unlike the CrossBreed, it only has one clip. But I really like it for my 26.

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I have the regular cut. I wear this 15-16 hours a day and forget that it's there.

Attached Files:

8. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

What kind of grip do you have on that? I like it.

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's home made using grip tape from hardware store.

10. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

Well good job because it looks real nice on there.

11. gunsmithie23

gunsmithie23 New Member

I prefer the desantis cozy partner myself form function and comfort at its finest absolutely love it

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum gunsmithie23 !!

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have servile different holsters for my G27G4 this is the most comfortable one I have bought so far it's the N82 professional IWB. If I can remember I paid around $ 65.00 plus shipping.

Attached Files:

14. Hopefully mine shows up today!! Cost on mine was $69.95+$3.00 for shipping.

15. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Awesome. You will like it :)

16. I found out you have to get a bigger pant size for IWB holsters! I do like and I do have to get use to it! I always wore my Blackhawk serpa holster which is an OWB holster.

17. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

I really like the looks of that holster. The way it doesn't allow the pistol to touch your body is nice too. I may have found my new holster :D

Thanks!

18. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Or lose weight, which is what I'm trying to do lol.

19. keyspike

keyspike New Member

I carry a model 36 in South Florida. I use a Parker IWB holster (similar to a Supertuck) or a MIC holster. Both are comfortable in a warm climate and are very concealable

20. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

+37! Mic rocks.