Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got a G26 and I need some recommendations for a holster. I don't want that handle against my skin becaused I can imagine it would rub pretty bad. What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
You already have some good recommendations in the other thread. I'll second the crossbreed as it is what I use and it is outstanding.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
there will be a compromise between a holster that protects your skin, and the same holster cut differently for a quicker draw. this cut is referred to as "combat" cut.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a lot of folks swear by the Crossbreed and others by the White Hat. There are numerous "holster" threads already on these forums. Just spend a bit searching through them.

Are you in a state where you must conceal? Are you thinking about In the waistband (IWB) or outside waistband (OWB)? Also, if you live in a hot area, you may want to consider horse hide, instead of cow hide...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You already have some good recommendations in the other thread. I'll second the crossbreed as it is what I use and it is outstanding.
I saw one recommendation for the crossbreed but that's the only one. Therefore, I came to this forum for the formal holster question.

Concerning the crossbreed, does it allow the pistol to rub against your body?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there will be a compromise between a holster that protects your skin, and the same holster cut differently for a quicker draw. this cut is referred to as "combat" cut.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a lot of folks swear by the Crossbreed and others by the White Hat. There are numerous "holster" threads already on these forums. Just spend a bit searching through them.

Are you in a state where you must conceal? Are you thinking about In the waistband (IWB) or outside waistband (OWB)? Also, if you live in a hot area, you may want to consider horse hide, instead of cow hide...
I don't have to conceal but I want to conceal. I want a IWB holster. I do live in a state where it's really hot in the summer so I may go for the cow hide. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Check out the N82(Nate Squared) Tactical. It doesn't allow any part to make contact with your skin. Unlike the CrossBreed, it only has one clip. But I really like it for my 26.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
glk26lvr said:
I saw one recommendation for the crossbreed but that's the only one. Therefore, I came to this forum for the formal holster question.

Concerning the crossbreed, does it allow the pistol to rub against your body?
I have the regular cut. I wear this 15-16 hours a day and forget that it's there.

Attachments

·
Banned
372 Posts
Glockmaster said:
I have servile different holsters for my G27G4 this is the most comfortable one I have bought so far it's the N82 professional IWB. If I can remember I paid around $ 65.00 plus shipping.
Hopefully mine shows up today!! Cost on mine was $69.95+$3.00 for shipping.

·
Banned
372 Posts
Glockmaster said:
Awesome. You will like it :)
I found out you have to get a bigger pant size for IWB holsters! I do like and I do have to get use to it! I always wore my Blackhawk serpa holster which is an OWB holster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have servile different holsters for my G27G4 this is the most comfortable one I have bought so far it's the N82 professional IWB. If I can remember I paid around $ 65.00 plus shipping.
I really like the looks of that holster. The way it doesn't allow the pistol to touch your body is nice too. I may have found my new holster :D

Thanks!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I found out you have to get a bigger pant size for IWB holsters! I do like and I do have to get use to it! I always wore my Blackhawk serpa holster which is an OWB holster.
Or lose weight, which is what I'm trying to do lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
glk26lvr said:
I don't have to conceal but I want to conceal. I want a IWB holster. I do live in a state where it's really hot in the summer so I may go for the cow hide. Thanks.
I carry a model 36 in South Florida. I use a Parker IWB holster (similar to a Supertuck) or a MIC holster. Both are comfortable in a warm climate and are very concealable

·
Registered
165 Posts
keyspike said:
I carry a model 36 in South Florida. I use a Parker IWB holster (similar to a Supertuck) or a MIC holster. Both are comfortable in a warm climate and are very concealable
+37! Mic rocks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts