Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the hole in the grip for? I have a G23 4th gen. Or is it just a hole!?! I figured maybe its for some assesory I don't know about. Im not sure if the backstraps have the same hole or not. I don't feel like digging them out to see.
Thanks.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Trent22 said:
What is the hole in the grip for? I have a G23 4th gen. Or is it just a hole!?! I figured maybe its for some assesory I don't know about. Im not sure if the backstraps have the same hole or not. I don't feel like digging them out to see.
Thanks.
you're talking about the small roll pin sized hole about 3/4 of the way up the backstrap part of the frame?? a roll pin goes there to hold on the backstraps

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
Trent22 said:
Thanks.
It's where the thing that holds the "bang" pieces all together, goes. ;). LOL Sorry I couldn't help my self.

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
Trent22 said:
Oh, me and you would get along just fine!!!
"LIKE"^^^^ lol ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
The 'grip hole' by the mag insert area. It's where the mainspring housing would be on a 1911. It appears to be empty waisted space but I'm sure there is a reason for it being there.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
They sure do, I have one. Nice of Mr. Glock to put that hole there to keep plug makers in business.
I'm not sure that you and the OP are talking about the same "hole".

The hole by the magwell that you are referring to, where some put "butt plugs" does serve a purpose.

Don't forget Glocks are military pistols and designed for worse case scenarios. That's how they win contracts.

The hole allows you more purchase on the mag in the event a serious/life threatening malfunction.

It serves a secondary purpose to drain away crap as has been mentioned before. When you take off the slide, look behind your trigger assembly (from the top). You'll see a drain hole that opens up to where that large hole behind the magwell is.

D

·
Banned
786 Posts
The hole is there so you can put

One of these on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts