Holding a Glock

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by downloadman187, Apr 8, 2012.

1. downloadman187

downloadman187 New Member

Got a g27 in January and a g22 a couple weeks ago. I have went to the range a bunch since I got them. Every time it seems like I rub the skin raw between my thumb and index finger. Does anyone else have this problem? I have even put talon grips on my g27 but it still happens. Advice anyone?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Why don't you take a picture of your hand holding the Glock,

just the way you grip it when shooting...then we should be able to

give you an opinion.

3. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

I took my G27 shooting today and drew blood from my pinky. :( I'm thinking of taping it next time.

Attached Files:

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@ODGreen:

Do you have standard magazines or have you installed any manner of magazine extension?

The Pearce and Scherer grip extensions do help somewhat in recontouring the end of the grip on the baby Glocks. May be worth looking into?

5. This is a really good video on how to hold a hand gun the proper way. I use this method every time I shoot:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQy5yKN-2vw[/ame]

6. On the pinky??? That's a first.

7. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

I love you guys! Glock Forum FTW!!

8. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Yesterday was the first time I shot the 27. It came with 3 stock mags and my husband bought me 2 pinky extensions mags made by Glock. When I shot it the first time, I used the pinky extender mag. First mag: pinched the skin. Second mag switched to stock mag and this time drew blood.

I looked at the Pearce solutions and they are inexpensive fixes! $6.00-$9.00. Thank you for the advice.

9. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

You can also get them off of eBay, too.

Also, you can try the 15-round G22 magazines with a grip extender, be wary of Gen3/Gen4 compatiblity though.

I carry the 9mm G26 (stock mags = 10 rounds), at first I put the Pearce +2 extensions, but now I am sold on using 17-round G17 mags in her with X-Grip extensions. See the evolution of my plan here: https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f11/opinions-extended-mag-adapters-1003/

Sorry about your owie.

Cheers!

11. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

12. downloadman187

I watched the video. I maybe holding the trigger too much. I just practiced like the video said and I does have a different feel, I'll have to check it out next time I go to the range. Thanks for the link.

13. Great video. Thank you.

14. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

My first Glock was a 27, I didn't have it long. Get a compact or full size. ;)

15. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Oh wow...... what would make that happen??

16. downloadman187

The thing is I have a g27 and a g22 same results. But by the video I think that I am using too much of my index finger to pull the tigger. If you position your finger differently on the tigger your have no choice but to grip differently. I am going to see if that works.

17. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

I was holding too much on the trigger too and didn't know it. Ive always held the same and have been descent at grouping. When I took my ccw class the instructor showed me what I was doing wrong. I tried using enough of my finger to engage the trigger safety and my grouping was much tighter! ( I also 'had' a slight thumb twitch I was unaware about that was causing me to pull right at times)

18. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

I am going to try the directions in the video as well. That little boo boo may not look like much but it hurt awful and soured my mood for the rest of the range day. I will be VICTORIOUS!!

19. downloadman187

I would say this happens to my hand about 40rnds in and I almost always shoot 200rnd. By then it hurts.

20. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

That's good to know! I'm glad I'm just not being a girl about it.