Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a Hogue grip for my 26. I have one on my Sig and it's been great. Any one have one on their 26? If so, how do you like it? Easy to put on?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
They're not easy to put on, in my opinion. My FIL used to have one on his 26. I didn't mind it too much. Just put the finger grooves in a weird spot for me.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Soften them up in boiling water an they will slide right on. I found this out after I man handled them onto my G21. It was a PITA but I got it done ;).

·
Glock Doc..
190 Posts
Spray the inside of the grip with hair spray and it will slip on and stay put.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have one on my 27 and I trimmed it up super short basically for support between my middle and ring finger and it feels great. It haven't got to shoot with it yet. But I do plan on shooting it very soon

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Support Gunner said:
Soften them up in boiling water an they will slide right on. I found this out after I man handled them onto my G21. It was a PITA but I got it done ;).
This really works like a charm. I'd rather boil it than put anything between my grip and gun. Such as hairspray or baby powder.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
I used warm water and a drop or two of dish soap. It went on easy and then just ran water over the grip to rinse out the soap.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Wow what a PITA! I wish would have read the boiling water advice 30 min ago...... looks great but really sucks putting this thg on dry!
...... I found this out after I man handled them onto my G21. It was a PITA but I got it done ;).
I totally agree with you! lol Its doable but you will work for it. ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I never tried boiling it, but that sounds like a great idea. I usually will soften up the grip with a blow dryer and then wet the inside and slide it on. It takes some effort, but it works.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just picked up a Hogue grip for my G23 and I love it, to me it feels like it changed the way I grip the firearm for the better. Mine went on pretty easy without using anything to help it along. I think I am going to go pick up another one for my G22.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts