Hogue grip for my G26, thoughts..

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by glk26lvr, Apr 22, 2012.

1. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

I am thinking of getting a Hogue grip for my 26. I have one on my Sig and it's been great. Any one have one on their 26? If so, how do you like it? Easy to put on?

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

They're not easy to put on, in my opinion. My FIL used to have one on his 26. I didn't mind it too much. Just put the finger grooves in a weird spot for me.

3. Soften them up in boiling water an they will slide right on. I found this out after I man handled them onto my G21. It was a PITA but I got it done ;).

4. glk26lvr

glk26lvr New Member

How do you like them now?

5. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Spray the inside of the grip with hair spray and it will slip on and stay put.

6. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I like the hogue slip on !!

7. bbriles

bbriles New Member

I have one on my 27 and I trimmed it up super short basically for support between my middle and ring finger and it feels great. It haven't got to shoot with it yet. But I do plan on shooting it very soon

8. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

This really works like a charm. I'd rather boil it than put anything between my grip and gun. Such as hairspray or baby powder.

9. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

I used warm water and a drop or two of dish soap. It went on easy and then just ran water over the grip to rinse out the soap.

10. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Wow what a PITA! I wish would have read the boiling water advice 30 min ago...... looks great but really sucks putting this thg on dry!

Attached Files:

11. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Yeah that looks awesome!!

12. I totally agree with you! lol Its doable but you will work for it. ;)

13. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I never tried boiling it, but that sounds like a great idea. I usually will soften up the grip with a blow dryer and then wet the inside and slide it on. It takes some effort, but it works.

14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

15. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I just gave away a LIMBSAVER in the pay it forward thread yesterday. They are nice but they are thicker than the HOGUE.

It's like getting a Hand massage while shooting :)

Attached Files:

16. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I just picked up a Hogue grip for my G23 and I love it, to me it feels like it changed the way I grip the firearm for the better. Mine went on pretty easy without using anything to help it along. I think I am going to go pick up another one for my G22.