Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well when I am not on the road selling heavy duty truck parts, I drive race cars.

Here is the truck, trailer, and cars

Truck is a 2011 Ram 2500 mega cab with the 6.7L cummins

The Corvette is a 2009 Z06

and the miata is a 1994 prepared for the SCCA pro racing spec Miata class

·
Administrator
2,382 Posts
I read and collect books like a fiend.

I'm also a jack of all trades, master of absolutely none so I find myself in projects often.

I'm also an avid prepper, DIYer (Part of my need to self reliant), and I do a lot of cooking.

Recently I've been getting into breads and have started looking for ancient recipes to try in different ways.

I'm also wanting to start a teardop trailer build in the near future for camping with my family.

I'm also a family man and as TxShooter said, that takes up most of my time.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
1. My wife...she's a good hobby to have!
2. Wrenching on old cars, old trucks, or jeeps! (which I have none at the moment.) I moved from TN and stuck my 5 ac mini-farm into a .33 ac lot in a neighborhood. My tractor takes up my car space at the moment.
3. Shooting USPSA and steel matches.
4. Shooting Wild Turkeys. Even when I come up empty handed, I had a good time!
5. I am a DIYer as well: home improvement, car maintenance, and 'prepping' on occasion.
Edit: Drinking Beer as well. Duh, how could I forget that???!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I participate in "adventure running" also called "Mud Running"

Last year I did 4 races three 5ks and one 15k (Tough Mudder) these races are typically run at ski resorts where we run up the mountain, tackling obstacles as we go. Here are a few pics from last years events.

Tough Mudder 2011 (15k) The wires i am running through here are electrified.

Warrior Dash 2011 (5k) running through the fire corridor

Rugged Maniac 2011 (5k) crawl in a muddy pond...

I have 2 Tough Mudders (15k each), a GORUCK Challenge (10 hrs 18-20miles +obstacles and crossfit), and Warrior Dash (5k) on the agenda for 2012, and probably more that I haven't signed up for yet. I fly to TX next Month for Tough Mudder TX Coast.

I am also a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This was my first competition win by submission. (I was a white belt here, and have since learned to grab my shin instead of my foot when adjusting the triangle for those who know what they are looking at lol)

I am also a dedicated father, and husband.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Girls r hobbies lol well for me besides shooting, i like cars, technology, racing, sports, spending as much time as i can with my son, and spending time with my gf...i also want to get into hunting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love trying new things on the grill 5 slabs there....
I love golfing these are my irons that I got for my 30th last year...
I love cars (Bowties).... thats my "Green Lantern"!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Mmmmm.....shooting of course. Learning how to do things "the old" way. Gardening, preserving food and herbal medicine. Afraid I have a bit of a survivalist heart. ;-)

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Yea! Camaro!...my first car was a 1990 camaro, yes a v8 lol. Love that thing. Did a couple mods to it.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
GAgal said:
Mmmmm.....shooting of course. Learning how to do things "the old" way. Gardening, preserving food and herbal medicine. Afraid I have a bit of a survivalist heart. ;-)
A thread on herbal medicine would be great :)

·
Banned
202 Posts
Other than shooting, I co-own a firearms training business called (of all things) Armed Missouri, Inc. I spend the majority of my time away from my full time (translated boring) job either teaching firearms courses or spending time with my wife of 12 years and our 6 year old son. I also enjoy riding my Kawasaki, and sometimes I pick on the guitar.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts