Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by theglockster, Dec 8, 2011.

1. theglockster

theglockster New Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to get to know some of the other users :D What are your hobbies, aside from glocking that is? :p

I'm a massive fan of watching Star Trek online and Family Guy online, and I love my playstation browser games! Brilliant! How about you guys? :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

With young kids it's hard to find time but when I do it's either working on my CJ7, riding one of my bikes, road/mountain/trial or fishing. Also like to mess around in the shop, building a work bench right now.

3. other than hunting I love wheelin. Have a 93 Toyota Landcruiser locked on 35's

[​IMG]

4. shuban

shuban New Member

I love to Golf. I never missed golf course in the evening.

5. Well when I am not on the road selling heavy duty truck parts, I drive race cars.

Here is the truck, trailer, and cars

[​IMG]

Truck is a 2011 Ram 2500 mega cab with the 6.7L cummins

[​IMG]

The Corvette is a 2009 Z06

[​IMG]

and the miata is a 1994 prepared for the SCCA pro racing spec Miata class

[​IMG]

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I read and collect books like a fiend.

I'm also a jack of all trades, master of absolutely none so I find myself in projects often.

I'm also an avid prepper, DIYer (Part of my need to self reliant), and I do a lot of cooking.

Recently I've been getting into breads and have started looking for ancient recipes to try in different ways.

I'm also wanting to start a teardop trailer build in the near future for camping with my family.

I'm also a family man and as TxShooter said, that takes up most of my time.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Freudian slip? :D

8. Glock27

Glock27 Junior Member

AL
    Shooting
    Racing (love when people ask about why would you put a chevy motor and a mustang.

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

1. My wife...she's a good hobby to have!
    2. Wrenching on old cars, old trucks, or jeeps! (which I have none at the moment.) I moved from TN and stuck my 5 ac mini-farm into a .33 ac lot in a neighborhood. My tractor takes up my car space at the moment.
    3. Shooting USPSA and steel matches.
    4. Shooting Wild Turkeys. Even when I come up empty handed, I had a good time!
    5. I am a DIYer as well: home improvement, car maintenance, and 'prepping' on occasion.
    Edit: Drinking Beer as well. Duh, how could I forget that???!!

10. Noodles

Noodles New Member

I participate in "adventure running" also called "Mud Running"

Last year I did 4 races three 5ks and one 15k (Tough Mudder) these races are typically run at ski resorts where we run up the mountain, tackling obstacles as we go. Here are a few pics from last years events.

Tough Mudder 2011 (15k) The wires i am running through here are electrified.
    [​IMG]

Warrior Dash 2011 (5k) running through the fire corridor
    [​IMG]

Rugged Maniac 2011 (5k) crawl in a muddy pond...
    [​IMG]
    I have 2 Tough Mudders (15k each), a GORUCK Challenge (10 hrs 18-20miles +obstacles and crossfit), and Warrior Dash (5k) on the agenda for 2012, and probably more that I haven't signed up for yet. I fly to TX next Month for Tough Mudder TX Coast.

I am also a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This was my first competition win by submission. (I was a white belt here, and have since learned to grab my shin instead of my foot when adjusting the triangle for those who know what they are looking at lol)
    [​IMG]

I am also a dedicated father, and husband.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

LOL, nope I meant every word.

You know you get used to typing something over and over...

12. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Besides guns and shooting I also like tools, watches, girls, drinking and other stuff. :)

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Girls r hobbies lol well for me besides shooting, i like cars, technology, racing, sports, spending as much time as i can with my son, and spending time with my gf...i also want to get into hunting.

14. I love trying new things on the grill 5 slabs there....
    I love golfing these are my irons that I got for my 30th last year...
    I love cars (Bowties).... thats my "Green Lantern"!

Attached Files:

15. GAgal

GAgal Administrator

Mmmmm.....shooting of course. Learning how to do things "the old" way. Gardening, preserving food and herbal medicine. Afraid I have a bit of a survivalist heart. ;-)

16. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yea! Camaro!...my first car was a 1990 camaro, yes a v8 lol. Love that thing. Did a couple mods to it.

17. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

You should make a few threads about that. :)

18. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

A thread on herbal medicine would be great :)

19. Other than shooting, I co-own a firearms training business called (of all things) Armed Missouri, Inc. I spend the majority of my time away from my full time (translated boring) job either teaching firearms courses or spending time with my wife of 12 years and our 6 year old son. I also enjoy riding my Kawasaki, and sometimes I pick on the guitar.

[​IMG]

20. Well besides my new hobby of shooting firearms I occasionally play airsoft, play the tenor saxophone, big ps3 gamer, and I collect knifes.