hmmm recoil buffer? ?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by zachG23, Jul 6, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Do these help any?

2. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

If by help you mean keep it from cycling fully then yes, waste of money

3. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Not sure exactly what your asking. The dual recoil spring assembly in my G21 Gen 4 works really well at minimizing felt recoil. The buffer group/spring assembly in an M16 does the same thing. But, they are a necessary component for the weapon to function at all.

4. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

I believe he was asking about the aftermarket recoil buffers.

5. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

A waste of money and are not necessary. Actually may hamper and NOT damper the felt recoil.

6. EvilD

EvilD New Member

this. lots of unneeded accessories on the market

7. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

Cool thanx guys i was just seeing what u guys think but i wasnt going to get one

8. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I see a lot of new GLOCK owners want to shoot really good. As a matter of fact, I too want the exact same performance from me! Imagine that.

I've witnessed hundreds of good meaning folks try to modify and add stuff to their guns that was going to make it shoot better for them. All they ended up with after adding all that stuff was an expensive gun that they couldn't shoot.

Slow down and learn the basics. Even in our Instant Gradification World, there are some things that just take time to learn and ingrain in our heads and muscles.

Once you have that and the safety aspect licked the world awaits you!

Me, naw I'm still not there yet either but I improve monthly, well mostly hehehe....:D

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

exactly this...

10. Yep, put 200 or 300 rounds through your gun so you can see if it actually does need anything. Heck, I won't even touch my sights until I've put a couple hundred rounds through the gun if it's just off a little because more then likely it's me and not the gun.
    Once you've shot it for a while you'll figure out what you want to add and then if you get another similar gun that's new you can add the same stuff as with the first gun that you learned on but if it's the first shoot it then figure out stuff to change.
    Oh, and to kind of answer the question. On a metal to metal or metal to aluminum gun these little rubber bumper pads can help sometimes but on something like a Glock that's metal to poly you already have a build in recoil buffer of sorts. No need to add another one.