Hmmm.....Glock 26 or Glock 28??

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by hkrubbard, Mar 9, 2013.

1. hkrubbard

hkrubbard New Member

Hello all, new to the forum and I've heard this is the place to be to get some real information from the Glock Community.

Little context to my situation: I am a current owner of a 40cal subcompact Glock 27. I love it. A couple things that disconcert me though are that: 9 round max clip (factory), I am not a big guy so that 40cal round really does some whipping, and the controllability factor.

This has now lead me to consider the 9mm 26 or the .380 28. Is the 28 out on the market yet? Only things I can seem to find are from customers in the Brazilian market for some reason, whether they be YouTube reviews and whatnot.

In my mind the Pros to the 26 9mm over the 28 is more stopping power. Is there something to this? Is there a HUGE difference between a 9mm round and a .380, with regards to stopping power? If I have 10 rounds in either full of hollow points...Another difference between the 26 and the 28 are a slight weight difference. The 28 is about 100 grams lighter than the 26. In my mind as of late I am erring towards the Glock 28 but certainly wanted to get your guys' input before I do.

Thank you!

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

The .380 is not available in the US. The 27 is snappy, but once you get use to it, it is not that bad.

3. hkrubbard

hkrubbard New Member

Why is that though? I initially saw it in a US Catalog sent to my home. Any chance it will be in the future?

If not, I'll probably sell my 27 and go to a 26. I mean....at the end of the day it's still not a horrible situation to be left with my G27....BUT I would appreciate a little more recoil control with another extra round without having to get the extended mag.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Keep the 27 and buy a 9mm conversion barrel.

[​IMG]

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

Thread moved to the correct subforum: "What Glock should I get !?"

6. hkrubbard

hkrubbard New Member

My apologies! Ok good to know

7. hkrubbard

hkrubbard New Member

Really? Wow I think I was investigating on this before.

So just buy the conversion barrel and then the corresponding mag and ammo?

8. Southlake

Pretty much. Cheaper than dirt had them in stock for $99.

9. hkrubbard

hkrubbard New Member

I assume you sell Glock parts or referring to another apparatus of this website?

So there would be NO room for concern by getting a conversion barrel and switching mag and ammo...?

10. OT

OT Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for a

Welcome to the Glock Forum. Safety first always.

11. Southlake

That would be against the rules. I am just a guy giving you my 2 cents. As with everything else, you need to do your own due diligence.

12. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

He's referring to www.cheaperthandirt.com, whom I personally will never deal with.

No concern that I know of.

13. Conversion barrel is the way to go.
    That way you can switch back when you want.
    You can also get some lighter .40 rounds.

The .380< 9mm< .40s&w
    You can get +1 or +2 grip extensions if your worried about a few less rounds.

The G27 is my second favorite Glock.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  14. JDD123

JDD123 New Member

Are you interested in trading it? I have a gen 3 g26 with only about 50 rounds through it