Glock Forum banner

Hit the range this morning

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SeventiesWreckers 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning I finally got to take the AR and both glocks to the range! I was practicing my one handed shooting both strong hand(right) and weak hand(left). I was shooting my edc g30 and my gen 1 g17. Shooting distance about 20 feet

Precision sports Archery Recreation Art Shooting

And my AR I was shooting at 100yds sitting down
First mag
Automotive tire Sleeve Art Font Automotive design

Second mag
Automotive tire Sleeve Gesture Art Font

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The pistol hits look prety good but I would suggest some training on the AR.

Both targets look like you have some problems with controling breathing, trigger finger and sight alignment.

Just my guess. I believe an average shooter should be capable of keeping all their shots inside the nine ring once they get sighted in.

#3 ·
G-23 said:
The pistol hits look prety good but I would suggest some training on the AR.

Both targets look like you have some problems with controling breathing, trigger finger and sight alignment.

Just my guess. I believe an average shooter should be capable of keeping all their shots inside the nine ring once they get sighted in.
Thanks for the advice. That was the first time I shot the AR and not 100% sure if the scope is sighted in. Next time I go I'm gonna take some time and make sure it's sighted properly. That was also 100yds without a magnifier. Judging by a few shots I took I think the scope is a few inches high

#4 ·
vwtechx said:
Thanks for the advice. That was the first time I shot the AR and not 100% sure if the scope is sighted in. Next time I go I'm gonna take some time and make sure it's sighted properly. That was also 100yds without a magnifier. Judging by a few shots I took I think the scope is a few inches high
Looking At the target it looks like the sight needs to be sighted in because all your shots are grouping high right, there pretty high right so I would try sighting in the red dot at say 25 to 50 yards and then see how your grouping is and at that point determine what you need to work on ie trigger control breathing

#5 ·
glocknloaded said:
Looking At the target it looks like the sight needs to be sighted in because all your shots are grouping high right, there pretty high right so I would try sighting in the red dot at say 25 to 50 yards and then see how your grouping is and at that point determine what you need to work on ie trigger control breathing
That's what I had planned on doing. This time was just to get out and shoot it for the first time. Kind of a base line you could call it. Thanks again for the advice guys!

#6 ·
You did better than I did today. Since I couldn't get out to shoot at all. Too many chores. Lucky you though. Range Envy.

Some of the bullets printing on the pistol target look a bit odd. Like there might have been a bit of a breeze twisting the paper. Oh well, any practice is good practice.

I'll be out tomorrow.

#7 ·
SeventiesWreckers said:
You did better than I did today. Since I couldn't get out to shoot at all. Too many chores. Lucky you though. Range Envy.

Some of the bullets printing on the pistol target look a bit odd. Like there might have been a bit of a breeze twisting the paper. Oh well, any practice is good practice.

I'll be out tomorrow.
Haha yeah when I put it up I didn't get it perfectly flat. And at some point I hit one of the tacks holding it up.

#8 ·
Gotcha, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me for a sec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.