Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Low speed High drag
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the info that I'll be giving is not the end all be all but just things I've picked up over the years. Alot of it I got from traveling to other countries and while yes you will see knives and other "tool" for sale in markets and such there also maybe laws against foreigners from having these items and the legal systems don't work on the up and up in places either.
So I suggest you keep atleast $200 U.S. dollars hidden on you at all times...yes you can bribe your way to freedom.
A expired credit card or gift card. Why? With a fingernail file you can put a chisel edge on it on 1 or 2 sides (short side and long side...you choose). When done right you have a nice sharp knife that no one will look twice at and it can be thrown away before you get to the airport.
Bic Pen. We all have seen the tactical pens by now and so has the rest of the world and the tsa. It's not worth losing a nice pen when a Bic or another pen will work fine,and usually free at your hotel.
These are just a few tips and tricks there are more but I need to confirm info to make sure laws have not changed.
Here in the U.S. I have a great tip especially if you live somewhere where carry permits are impossible to get.
Do a bit of research and find out if your local 9r any police department or sheriff's office has a volunteer program. Now you may not be instantly armed I think in DC it was 6 months or 1 year but that did vary. You may have to attend some class room training and you have to volunteer 9 or more hours a month this is gonna vary by department.
In the end its worth it and you get to help LEO'S and your community.
I would say look into private armed security but it's gonna vary so much and you can probably only carry while working, so probably not worth your time, but it never hurt to look.
For all including LEO'S!
Join organizations like the NAACP ect. If you are ever sued they can't take the case! Why? The cant or won't prosecute their own members! So you may not like certain organizations for whatever reason you can protect yourself from them.

This is all I got for now until I confirm more info and certain info I'm just not gonna reccomend just due to it maybe of questionable nature and the rest I need to see if the info I have has changed.

· Low speed High drag
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost forgot one.
Chopsticks. Wooden one can be had anywhere almost and freel and with a bit of shaping and some basic Bic or mactch flame harding can look pretty nice. You can also buy high end titanium anodized custom ones too. I myself have a set of made by Alan Folts. It's not uncommon in Asia for men to carry there own chopsticks and even packed in your checked luggage they won't be an issue. I can assure you they are pointed enough to do serious damage. Also when you order something like these try and avoid sites that advise them as tactical or defensive,ect. Find one that advises them as eating items and custom high end ,ect. It just helps out incase.for some reason someone wants to take a good hard look at them, it may just save your butt?

· Low speed High drag
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are traveling abroad check the world CIA fact book on the area where you will be.
It will give you info on crime,dangers to Americans, ect.....a valuable resource.
KNR and Alternative medical insurance
Kidnap And Ransom insurance isn't a bad idea depending on where you go and as long as it's a monetarilymotivated kidnapping you may do just fine.
Alternative Medical. ...now what's this? These are companies that employee doctors,nurses,aircraft and all kiND of stuff filled with medical devices for you. If you are injured and it's bad or just want more competent treatment than you may get where you are ,you call them the come by plane ect and take you into their Mobil hospital and begin work....worth having depending on where you are.
Sat phones...carrying one is always a good idea and you can rent them so why not?
Hide your flashy items. watches,necklace,even clothing labels....theses can make you a target.
Stay with your tour groups. Yes it's tempting to take off and explore yourself but alteast do 1 tour with a guise to give you a layout of your area.
Stay in the tourist areas. There will be more LEO'S here and will be quick to run off troublemakers. ( I very rarely follow this rule cuz I'm stupid) .

I will on and off add to this post . I hope some info helps.

· Banned
261 Posts
Chopsticks for self defense? No way!

Almost forgot one.
Chopsticks. Wooden one can be had anywhere almost and freel and with a bit of shaping and some basic Bic or mactch flame harding can look pretty nice. You can also buy high end titanium anodized custom ones too. I myself have a set of made by Alan Folts. It's not uncommon in Asia for men to carry there own chopsticks and even packed in your checked luggage they won't be an issue. I can assure you they are pointed enough to do serious damage. Also when you order something like these try and avoid sites that advise them as tactical or defensive,ect. Find one that advises them as eating items and custom high end ,ect. It just helps out incase.for some reason someone wants to take a good hard look at them, it may just save your butt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts