Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...of course I'm biased as I own a 226 Navy, sometimes called the Mk24 though not sure if that's correct. I think it's just the Sig P226 Navy. Anyway, mine has the phosphate internals, chrome lined barrel, Sig rail and the anchor. The Mk25 is the same gun but with the 1913 picatinny rail, night sights and the UID label but same gun otherwise. I got my Sig Navy for $840 out the door, so less expensive that some of the standard 226's. Being long time Navy, 18 years active duty when I bought it, I had to have that anchor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U32Hqp9QEjo

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Just watched it this mourning and immediately thought of yours but for some reason couldn't find the thread you showed it in..

I really enjoyed it and am thinking of adding one to the collection.. I rented one awhile back and had a hard time with the trigger but I was also pretty frustrated that day so I want to give it another spin

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both my Sigs are awesome but there is something about my full sized Sig P226 that I love. It is my hd gun, along with my shotgun, right now. It shoots like a dream, perfect ergo's for me, has 20 round Mec-gar magazines, etc. Thing of beauty and it actually cost less brand new than the other standard 226's in the shop...well, only one or two were standard.

·
Banned
255 Posts
So, besides the little Navy anchor...what's the difference between this and the "regular" P226?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, besides the little Navy anchor...what's the difference between this and the "regular" P226?
Not much, has coated internals, chrome lined barrel, the anchor, night sights. Mine is the last version, differs only by what I said above. Some folks probably want the nostalgia of owning the same gun the SEAL Teams are issued. I've been active duty Navy for 19 plus years and bought mine to celebrate my 18 years active duty, safe haven at 18.

·
Banned
255 Posts
God bless you, sir, for your service to our nation!!

I definitely understand the attraction of using a firearm that the SEALs us, that's why I picked up a gently used HK MK23 for a price so low I'm embarrassed to publish it.

: )

I'm a little surprised the Navy went with a SIG platform over HK USP or something like that.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
God bless you, sir, for your service to our nation!!

I definitely understand the attraction of using a firearm that the SEALs us, that's why I picked up a gently used HK MK23 for a price so low I'm embarrassed to publish it.

: )

I'm a little surprised the Navy went with a SIG platform over HK USP or something like that.
Thank you. These two fine weapons and my buddy from SEAL Team 5 uses a Glock 30 , unofficially of course :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
My first gun with the Sig Mosquito, not a powerful gun but it has never given me problems. I almost did not buy the g26, there was a Sig that I liked better. My next gun will be another Sig. ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first gun with the Sig Mosquito, not a powerful gun but it has never given me problems. I almost did not buy the g26, there was a Sig that I liked better. My next gun will be another Sig. ;)
If you or anyone wants a decent Sig, actually, a great Sig for a great price (relatively speaking), I say try the Sig Pro 2022. Bought mine at Academy for $399 and it's a fantastic gun. Great trigger and though I've said it's the equal of my 226, after shooting both yestereday, it's 90% of the 226. Regardless, a great gun for the price. Here is my 2022 with the 226 Navy:

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts

I'm jealous, the MK23 is on the top of my wishlist for handguns that I will probably never own because I'm too much of a tight arse :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts