Hi, new from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FTX03, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hi guys. I'm from Australia and own a Glock 17A Gen 4 (one after the bugs where fix) I have been shooting since 06 but have in the last year and a half started getting into the full on pistol thing and it has taken me that long to start shooting with my own gun due to our laws . So I hope I fit in with you poeple from the holyland of firearms :p Not sure how many if any other aussies are on here but I hope I can be part for the forum...

[​IMG]

Thanks FTX03

Sheowahya likes this.
  2. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Welcome to the forum. You're the first Australian as far as I know. Glad you joined this community.
    :)

3. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Welcome to the forum my friend. You being a Glock owner you will fit right in no matter where you are from, : )

4. Awesome thanks guys :cool:

5. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

6. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Welcome FTX03!! Don't worry, you'll fit right in.

7. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

We welcome everyone.... :)

8. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum FTX03 !!

G'Day mate !

10. Welcome to the forum!!

Nice to see people from so far away!

11. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey welcome!!! We all come from different walks of life but one thing is for certain, Glock is in the center of it!!!!!!

I like Australians... you guys were all over Iraq when I was there!!!

12. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Welcome to the forum!

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, FTX03, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Always nice to hear from Glock owners from farway places!

Cheers!

14. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome! So are you allowed to conceal carry over there?

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Just curious: does your Glock say Made in Austria or Made in USA?

16. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!

17. No. We are only allowed to use handguns at a range for sporting use. And we must shoot a minimum number of shoots per year in Order to keep our handgun licence. Some farmers and hold a CAT H ( that's what we call our pistol licence here) an only a small few for dispatching live stock but again the handgun must not leave the property it's registered to unless for going to the gunsmith/shop or been handed in to police. No huntin with handguns for us :-(. We are also restricted to barrel length of no less then 12cm for s/a and 10cm for revolver then comes the caliber resections. No cal over .38 unless we shoot metallic silhouette and get a high cal endorsement on our licence. @ happysniper it says made in Austria.

Sheowahya likes this.
  18. As amazing as I've heard Australia is, now I know I could never live there.

19. Yep great land, nanny laws. Our court system hands out slaps on the wrist for drug offenses and assault offenses.

20. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Congradulations on your Glock but sorry there are so many regulations, it is almost like California....