Hi I'm new to glocks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cbettura, May 29, 2012.

1. cbettura

cbettura New Member

Hi, this is my first time to this forum and I just bought my first glock last week (gen 4 19). I have been an avid collected of firearms for 18 years (36 yrs old), but was like a child when it came to Glocks. I would say "I don't like Glocks even though I had never owned or shot one). Maybe it was because of all the fame and I wanted to be a trendy person and hate on a product I didn't even now a thing about. Well, I went nuts already and have supped up my 19 with all the extras to make it even better. Tungsten g.r, plug, 4 pin set, etc. etc. I freaking love this Glock. I was an M&P guy and true Smith lover and still do appreciate what they do, but Glock has pulled me to the dark side for good. They are an amazing piece of simplicity with tried And true performance you can count on. I wanted to ask though; I haven't shot mine much at all, only about 5 shots at the shop I bought it at. Doesn't anyone know if I will have all the problems I keep hearing about with the gen 4 19's? I know that is a dumb question since know one is a mind reader, but was hoping to get a percentage idea of how many of you have had issues And how many haven't. I swapped out the guide rod with a tungsten, but had the 0-4-3 guide rod from the factory, which is supposedly the better one. Anyways, I'm hooked and spend hours a day researching and exploring the wonderful world of GLOCK!!!! Austria Rocks!!! Hope I'm not offending the threw or you guys being new to this and all. Let me know if I'm not following the proper protocol and I will amend it. Thanks.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey cbeturra, Welcome to the forum! Enjoy. If you have any pictures of your Glock they would be welcome!

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around, you will like it here!

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

6. Dewyz1100

Dewyz1100 New Member

Welcome!

First off, welcome to the forum, and welcome to the Glock side... :)

I do not have any experience with the Gen4 19 personally... However, after recently passing the Glock Armorer's Certification Course I can tell you that my instructor did mention the problems that early Gen4 9mm models had...

However, in the same breath, he also stated that these were identified and have been resolved for quite some time. Glock makes production changes only after each batch of 1000 units have been completed (they do not make mid-run/batch modifications).

So I would say that it is a safe bet that if you purchased yours recently, you have a serial number that has had things like the ejectors and recoil spring assemblies replaced already. Most shops have Glocks on backorder because they can't make them fast enough... So unless yours was sitting in a dark corner of a shop somewhere for the last year or two, you are good...

However, you said it yourself - none of us are mind readers... :)

7. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Welcome to the forum. From what I have heard and from the performance I have had out of my gen 4 is all the problems have been worked out. My glock 35 gen 4 has ran perfect. I use it for competition and put about 100 rds a week through mine. I understand wanting to customize your glock but glock runs perfect with glock parts IMO. I haven't changed anything on my G23 other than sights and talon grips. I did put a 3.5 connector in it but it was a glock connector. Now that being said my 23 is my carry gun for now. My 35 is a range/ target gun only and I have changed the guid rod, spring, and had a custom trigger job done and it still runs 100%.

The 35 gen 4 was stock for a long time. Thought I would add that since your main question was how do the gen 4 work.

8. cbettura

cbettura New Member

Anyone know what steps to take to post a pic?

9. cbettura

cbettura New Member

Sorry, I'm on my iPhone. Any help would be welcomed.

10. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome. I'm glad you love your Glock.

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Just go to quote/ reply in any post and it will bring up an attachment icon.

12. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

If you are trying to post pics from you iPhone hit the reply to thread button in the top right hand corner. Then hit the + sign. From there you can select " attach from photos" button or "attach from camera"

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

14. cbettura

cbettura New Member

image-3160816055.jpg

My Fav!!!

Attached Files:

15. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have that same magazine lol

16. cbettura

cbettura New Member

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me and this is the knew 19. Put the TFO sights on. Anyone have experience with these sights?

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Nice looking Glock!! Good looking Peanut Butter too!! And Cereal, I need a snack!

18. cbettura

cbettura New Member

Yeah, it's a good one!!

19. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Yes

I love those sights. Would recommend for anyone interested in 3 dot sights

Attached Files:

20. cbettura

cbettura New Member

The honey roasted peanut butter is the best out there. It's up there with Glock for mans best friend. Lol