Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Glock, Victorinox, Maxpedition. Repeat.
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently (this week) acquired 2 new Glocks (Gen 4 19 & 26). I've previously owned a G22 Gen 3 rtf2. I love my new 9mm Glocks and I hope to learn more about them here. Earlier today I sent 150 rds down range through my 19 & 26, and I've gotta say- I don't think I'll ever miss my Ruger LC9 and LCR .38 that I ditched to get these puppies!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Texmos!! Glad to have you join the Glock nuts! Enjoy the forum!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Texmos said:
I've recently (this week) acquired 2 new Glocks (Gen 4 19 & 26). I've previously owned a G22 Gen 3 rtf2. I love my new 9mm Glocks and I hope to learn more about them here. Earlier today I sent 150 rds down range through my 19 & 26, and I've gotta say- I don't think I'll ever miss my Ruger LC9 and LCR .38 that I ditched to get these puppies!
I just traded my LC9-LM yesterday. I feel the same way... though I traded for another Ruger (SR9). Still, NOTHING compares to my Glock. My first and favorite.

·
Super Moderator
75,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum Texmos. There's a bunch of great people here.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have the G19 and G26 too and LOVE them. I hope you enjoy them and the Forum.

·
109 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. Actually, I'm new to everything firearm related. But I think my G23 Gen 4 is a great starter pistol to learn from. I'm already thinking about getting a subcompact for CCW when I get my permit. ;)

·
Glock, Victorinox, Maxpedition. Repeat.
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AsianKracker said:
Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. Actually, I'm new to everything firearm related. But I think my G23 Gen 4 is a great starter pistol to learn from. I'm already thinking about getting a subcompact for CCW when I get my permit. ;)
I started with .40 myself, but a G22. G23 is a great pistol, and you could conceal carry it. I sometimes conceal carry my G19 and it's the same size. Usually though, I carry my G26. I got rid of my G22 after I got my concealed handgun license (CHL in TX), because if I can't carry it- I don't want it. I decided to go with 9mm because quite frankly, today's modern defense ammo in 9mm has plenty of stopping power, especially when you consider how many the Glocks can hold in their high cap mags. Also because I am saving $15 dollars per 100 rds after switching to 9mm from .40. In my opinion, if you're going to carry, you need to shoot at least 500 rds a month to maintain proficiency. Good luck with your permit, and no matter what Glock you choose you can't lose.

·
109 Posts
Texmos said:
I started with .40 myself, but a G22. G23 is a great pistol, and you could conceal carry it. I sometimes conceal carry my G19 and it's the same size. Usually though, I carry my G26. I got rid of my G22 after I got my concealed handgun license (CHL in TX), because if I can't carry it- I don't want it. I decided to go with 9mm because quite frankly, today's modern defense ammo in 9mm has plenty of stopping power, especially when you consider how many the Glocks can hold in their high cap mags. Also because I am saving $15 dollars per 100 rds after switching to 9mm from .40. In my opinion, if you're going to carry, you need to shoot at least 500 rds a month to maintain proficiency. Good luck with your permit, and no matter what Glock you choose you can't lose.
Thanks Texmos. I hope to get it before year's end. Most of the classes are booked around where I live.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts