Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around you will like it here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

Which model are you looking at ?!
Either 19 or 23. I want it for multiple purposes and i think these 2 models fit my needs best. I will probably occasionally cc but the main use will be for home defense and of course recreational shooting!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
welcome aboard. G23 is one of my favorite all around pistols.

Love the avatar pic btw :D
 

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Welcome. My own two cents are the 19. Less penetration value for home use, and cheaper on the range!

The 19 and 23 are two of the more popular models I've seen. Not knocking the .40 at all, great weapon, I just love my 9's :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Webphisher said:
Welcome. My own two cents are the 19. Less penetration value for home use, and cheaper on the range!

The 19 and 23 are two of the more popular models I've seen. Not knocking the .40 at all, great weapon, I just love my 9's :D
I have worried about over penetration with the 23. Thats the main reason I'm considering the 19. As far as ammo prices, i plan to get a barrel conversion kit at some point. That way when i go to the range i can fire the cheaper 9mm ammo. Overall i just feel more comfortable with the 23 because thats what we use at my work and I'm familiar with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
ParteePants said:
I've had a lot of people try to talk me into the 26 but i am not into that small grip.
It's a great little weapon, but I think you've already provided sound reasoning for not going the subcompact route.

ParteePants said:
Either 19 or 23. I want it for multiple purposes and i think these 2 models fit my needs best. I will probably occasionally cc but the main use will be for home defense and of course recreational shooting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Welcome to the the Forum ParteePants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kodiak said:
It's a great little weapon, but I think you've already provided sound reasoning for not going the subcompact route.
Maybe sometime later on I'll get something specifically for cc but for now i want to get something that can do it all.....the G23 lol
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top