hey guys!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rene, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Im new to glock butam getting a g22 next week! Do you guys think glock is what the hype says it is!? I got a 38. 357. And 9mm taurus oss model with 5.25 inch barrel awesome semi auto! Help me out please!!

2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome tot he Glock Forum! Stick around here and you will learn a lot! The Glock is worth the hype. I loved my Taurus, but sold it in a heartbeat and shoot x3 as good with my Glock 34.

3. gnihcraes

gnihcraes New Member

Welcome. I'd say the glock will be a good choice, you'll notice a difference above and beyond the taurus.

4. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks guys theres a glock coming to the collection!

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Welcome, Rene, and congratulations in advance on your Glock purchase!

In purely functional terms, the Glock is an exceedingly well designed pistol. You will only need to know if it is comfortable in your hand, and that is more a function of your hand geometry than anything else. Remember: you can never accurately shoot a gun you cannot comfortably hold. Given that it is comfortable for you, you will find that it is a fantastic piece of engineering...something worthy of betting your life on! Again, Welcome!

7. Rene

Rene New Member

thank you happysniper1! yes! i will be gettin my G22! only thng is i dont know weather to get gen3 or gen4! iv heard that the gen 4 has many problems. and for fifty to sixty gollars more i dont think so! the problems bein like extractor and guide rod spring assembly and what not. i think im goin for gen3!

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Myself, I love the 3Gen. Had a chance to carry a buudy's 4Gen RTF for a day, but by noon my skin burned from the textured grip rubbing on it. Summertime so I did not have another shirt on underneath. I do love the positive feel of the RTF, but it is (sadly) not for me. Maybe if I lost a coupla pounds? :D

9. Hilaldo

Hilaldo New Member

Welcome Rene!

Many on the members on this forum will recommend renting the weapon being considered if your range offers rentals. Then you can get the feel for the different grips in relation to your hands. Me personally, the Glock 23 is that perfect fit "for me".

Good luck on your choice and keep us posted on what you decide.