Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been lurking for a while so I decided to go ahead and sign up so I can participate.
Bought a G26 on July 1st. Already have put a thousand rounds through it. Never a problem and been very impressed with it. I have a few other guns but I'm very happy with the glock.
Just bought a N8 squared IWB holster for it thanks to recomendations from this forum. Like that too.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum miamiglock!! Enjoy!! Maybe you could post a pic. of your gun family? If you want......

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, why not

Kahr CW 40 was the first one. Was leaning towards a Bersa 380 but a customer at the store let me hold is CW to show it was the same size.

Then when my permit came I bought the Bodyguard 380 so I would have a pocket carry gun or deep concealment.

Then came the G26 and the next week on kind of a whim the Kimber Pro Carry. I have always loved my friend's Colt combat commander and knew I'd have a 1911 one day. It was raining and I had time to kill at the range/LGS rather than getting soaked on the way out so I just went for it.

Shot the Glock and Kimber today 100 rounds each. Love them both.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
1911 is a fine shooter!! Nice diverse group you got there! Thanks for sharing them, you will find we love to do pictures here and those are great!

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Targets from today, Right top and bottom are the G26 Gen 4. Others are the Kimber.

I like to put one magazine through the black/red targets at the end. I was on the windy lane at the indoor range, they were moving a little bit.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Nice looking family you've got there. I love my Glocks but love a good 1911 as well. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum! Nice looking family you've got there. I love my Glocks but love a good 1911 as well. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Thanks, I have been enjoying the forum for a while as a lurker happy to be signed up now.

I was never too attracted to Glocks until I handled one, dry fired it and saw it field stripped in front of me. Then I was sold without even live firing one. Loved it since the first shot.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just might be getting myself a g26 for my 21st in two days! Its that or the g19! :)
The guy at one store almost had me swayed to the 19. Not that big of a size difference when you have the extended mag on the 26 and more capacity on the 19. But I'm pretty thin and figured I'd go with the 26 and have the option to use the 10 round mag for concealment if needed.

The 19 has the rail but I figured I could do without that too.

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
miamiglock said:
The guy at one store almost had me swayed to the 19. Not that big of a size difference when you have the extended mag on the 26 and more capacity on the 19. But I'm pretty thin and figured I'd go with the 26 and have the option to use the 10 round mag for concealment if needed.

The 19 has the rail but I figured I could do without that too.
Well im like 5'6 a 125lbs so that just might be what i gotta do. Defiantly need a longer mag or two fir range time. What made you decide 9mm?

·
Bad News Steel
252 Posts
miamiglock said:
Targets from today, Right top and bottom are the G26 Gen 4. Others are the Kimber.

I like to put one magazine through the black/red targets at the end. I was on the windy lane at the indoor range, they were moving a little bit.
How many yards were you shootin?

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Those targets were just at a little more than 7 yards.

I went 9mm due to more capacity, easier to keep on target and having spoken to an officer or two, they are having good results with 9mm. Also my Khar is a 40 so I have that covered. 40 is a little snappy, the 9 is so easy to keep on target. Oh yeah, and 9mm is cheaper so I can shoot more.

If I had it to do again, I MIGHT consider the 27 so I could have it in both 9 and 40 but I really wanted 9mm anyway and I would have had to buy the second barrel to make the 27 a 9mm.

The grip is nice with extended mag and you can get pearce grip extensions for about $10 each and put them on your stock 10 round mags easily. I have shot it with the 10 round magazine too and it's not bad but the extended grip is nice and you get two more rounds. 13 total including one chambered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.