Hey all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MC_Hatley, Apr 23, 2012.

1. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Not presently a Glock owner....yet anyway. Just wanted to introduce myself properly. I've been reading this for a few days, the information here is great. So many of my questions have already been answered by searching the forum. Thanks!
    Mike from OK.

2. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome to the forum MC_Hatley

So glad you have been searching around, and very happy you have found most of your answers.

What firearm(s) do you currently own?
    Which Glock(s) are you looking into?

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum MC_Hatley !!

Which model / caliber of Glock are you looking to buy eventually ?

4. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Thanks. I had a 1911 previously. I was in the Navy in the early 90's and thats what we carried. Have shot 9mm also so I'm leaning toward the 19.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for your service to our country bro !!

Which 1911a1 did you own...?

I got a few myself...;)

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, MC_Hatley, and WELCOME to the Forum!

7. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. Yes, there is a lot of great information on this forum. What part of Oklahoma are you Fromm? I live in Oklahoma City.

8. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Never "owned" one so I honestly couldnt tell ya. I was in Aux Security so we were issued them each shift. They let us qualify and practice with them but never had one I could call " mine". My brother was in a few years after me and they had switched to 9mm by then and I got to go back and shoot from time to time. Been kicking around the idea for awhile now of something for personal and home protection. Glock was the first thing that came to mind. Finally getting off my a$& now and doing something about it.

Lee: I'm up in Enid.

9. TheKraken

Why caliber or calibers are you looking at getting?
    I have the Gen4 g19 FDE, Gen4 g23 FDE, Gen4 g22 and the g36 that I use for my EDC.

10. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Dont honesty have a why, just liked the feel better of the 9mm. Thinking hard about the 19 for my first one. And I want my wife to be able to shoot it as well.

11. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to forum!!! Hope you get your Glock soon!

12. TheKraken

Well you can't go wrong with the G19. It is an awesome gun. I love mine.

13. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Cool. Maybe you could give some pointers on where I should go to get one. Not a ton of options up here.

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love my G19. It's a great choice. And your wife shouldn't have any problems with it. Very girl friendly.

15. TheKraken

I bought mine here in the OKC at Outdoor America. The Gen3's run $499.00 (black or FDE) and the Gen4's run $519.00 (black or FDE). I have not found better prices anywhere else.

16. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Thanks. She'll be happy to know that.

17. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Welcome to forum!! Now we need to talk about your avatar. We need to add an "S" in there between the "O" and the "U". Go Pokes!!

18. Boomer sooner! Welcome to the forum!!

19. MC_Hatley

MC_Hatley New Member

Hahaha. I dont think so. Born and raised crimson and cream.