Glock Forum banner

Here's documentation that Gun control "WORKS"....

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CaptainJack 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Musket said:
Other than semi auto full bore rifle just which guns are banned in the uk?
Virtually all handguns is my understanding.

Edit with research: from Wikipedia:
After the Dunblane school massacre, the Major government passed the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997 which made private possession of most handguns larger than .22 calibre illegal. The Snowdrop Campaign pressed for a wider ban, and led the incoming Labour government in 1997 to introduce the Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997 which extended the ban to most handguns with a calibre of .22 (there are exceptions for some antique handguns and black-powder revolvers.)

#6 ·
Thing is the government left a loophole in their legislation which still allows for handgun ownership in the uk I for one and I can think of at least 10 others friends of mine who can still happily purchase and use their handguns infact a friend recently purchased a gen 4 g34 yes they have been made harder to own but far from a total ban.we do have strict licencing procedure but if you can qualify the criteria pretty much anything is available from hicap shotgun,handgun to 50 cal rifle

As for the police not all are armed far from it but the ones that do happily carry their sidearms holstered and not in a lock box though the armed response vehicles do have mp5 stored in lock boxes

#8 ·
Thing is the government left a loophole in their legislation which still allows for handgun ownership in the uk I for one and I can think of at least 10 others friends of mine who can still happily purchase and use their handguns infact a friend recently purchased a gen 4 g34 yes they have been made harder to own but far from a total ban.we do have strict licencing procedure but if you can qualify the criteria pretty much anything is available from hicap shotgun,handgun to 50 cal rifle

As for the police not all are armed far from it but the ones that do happily carry their sidearms holstered and not in a lock box though the armed response vehicles do have mp5 stored in lock boxes
Musket, thanks for clarifying.

What exactly is the licensing procedure. Have never heard anything about it. So it would be something good to know when talking about "gun control" here in the US.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.