Help With Replacing Slide Release On G27

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by officerX, Jun 7, 2012.

1. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

So I bought extended slide release for 3 of my Glocks. I changed 2 of them without issue (my 10 yr old G22 and my 2 week old G30SF). I attempted to do the same on my G27 but the pin WOULD NOT budge. I laid the gun on top of a roll of masking tape and used a hammer to tap on the Glock tool to push the pin out. It STILL wouldn't budge. So here I am, asking for ideas on what to do next. Thanks!

2. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Did you try on both sides?

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I had the same problem getting it out and putting it back in but I just took a hammer and a punch and hit it HARD

4. GBob

GBob New Member

Try wiggling the Slide release up and down while your pushing on the pin. It should come out with very little effort. Both my 26 and 27 require this to get the pin out.

5. officerX

Yes, no luck.

I hit it hard at least 10 times, no luck.

Did that, no luck.

6. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

<<< watching this thread closely as this procedure will probably be needed on his 27. ;)

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Put the hammer down!

The trigger pin will come out with minimal effort just using finger pressure and your glock tool.

Recenter your trigger pin until you feel it set in the frame. Line up the hole in the slide stop with the trigger pin by shifting it back and forth, and wiggling the front end (where the hole is) down and up while simultaneously applying pressure to the trigger pin (that is what is meant by wiggling the SSL). You may have to try a few times since its probably all bunged up now. When it does line up it will slide out easy as hell.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. officerX

I haven't been able to get the pin to move even the slightest little bit.

9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

If it's your first time taking it out, the pins are always an issue. I can't remember which, but try a 1/8" or a 3/16" punch. That's how I got mine out the first time.

10. officerX

The other 2 that I took out with no problem, it was my first time taking them out too.

11. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Hmmm... I'd say try the punches.

12. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

I had a hell of a time one day getting the pins out and was using the same mallet I always use. No luck and scratched the pins bad so had to polish them but I ended up using a regular hammer with the punch tool to get them out and first tap I was making progress. Might help with you also. I just needed a heavier harder hammer and no problem without scratching the pins any more.

13. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

This is a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke.

14. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I wouldn't use a hammer. This has worked for me every time:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1XkiY9gzY4[/ame]

15. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Best way to do it!

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

A couple things. As mentioned above make sure the trigger pin is centered again since you've been hammering it. You should be able to wiggle the slide stop as I mentioned above pretty freely.

If you still have the locking block pin in....take it out. It's easier to center the SSL over the trigger pin without the spring tension on the locking block pin. (yes, the SSL can be taken out properly with the locking block pin in place, ie. no hammer, but you need to know how to finesse the SSL over the trigger pin first before taking short cuts).

17. ZOMBIESLAYER

ZOMBIESLAYER New Member

Damn, that sucks. I just did a 3.5 lb trigger job on my 36 and thought I might have the same problem being the first time. Nope, mine actually came out scary easy. But like some other guys said....PUT DOWN THE HAMMER!

18. ZOMBIESLAYER

ZOMBIESLAYER New Member

Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but you did take the pin above it out first, right?

19. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

20. officerX

Not joking.