Help with reloading

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Etienne, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Etienne

Etienne New Member

Hey guys wonder if you could give me input

I bought a CZ 550 308 varmint
    I need advise on a reloaded hornady or lee
    And why what grain bullets this weapon likes some ballistic data would help

2. BLK RIFLE

BLK RIFLE New Member

MS
    I have used Lee reloading equipment since I started reloading in 1960 and have always had good luck. Get as good reloading manual and it wil tell you what you need to know in regards to reloading your particular caliber. I do not recommend using anyone else's reloading data, ever.

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Our reloading guru is HappySniper1. I'm sure he'll be around doing to help you out

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Etienne,

Not sure about all your questions, but I will give it a try...

I do not use Lee reloading equipment, so I cannot even begin to comment or give advice. I use RCBS equipment, but if I was to buy new equipment, it would be the Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive press with automatic shell and bullet feeders. I do not know if this is available in your country. I would think that TNFrank would be able to answer any questions about your Lee loader (you have the Lee Pro 1000 if I am not mistaken, correct?).

If you are asking about reloaded ammunition, I do not think Lee sells reloaded ammo.

And as far as load data for .308 Winchester caliber, you should be able to find this information in your reloading book. If you do not have one, send me your address in a Private Message and I will send you a reloading guide book (Richard Lee's "Modern Reloading") that I have found to be very very informative and helpful.

For online ballistics data, this should be a good source for ballistics chart, and has links to free downloadable ballistics calculator software.
    http://gundata.org/blog/post/308-ballistics-chart/

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

5. Vegas-Misfit

Vegas-Misfit Premium Member

I personally have not used the lee however my neighbor swears by it for the single stage... Until he tried my dillon progressive rl550b... But my neighbor has had his lee goin on 15 years dunno if that's what you are looking for but hope it helps a little

6. Etienne

Etienne New Member

Hey guys thanks for the help
    Yes happy i have a lee pro 1000 i use to reload for my G23 no problems on it so far i have heard alot of guys say this side if i want to load for accuracy single stage is better
    Happy RCBS is available here the hornady and rcbs is almost twice the price if a lee breach lock kit is it going to be worth it

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I'm sorry, but i cannot honestly say if any brand is better than Lee, because I have never even touched a Lee press.

I have been using the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme single-stage press for over a decade, and I have never had any problems with it at all, ever.

I would like to have the Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive, but that is only a "want to have it" and not a "need to have it".

It would be unfair for me to say Lee is better than RCBS, because I do not if that is true. It would be unfair for me to say that RCBS is better than Lee, because again I do not know if that is true. So I cannot make a comparative recommendation. Sorry.

My opinion, however, is that regardless of comparisons, I know I get my money's worth with RCBS, and i have examined the Hornady Lock-N-Load enough times to know I want to have it. But that is only my opinion.

Not much help, I know. Sorry...

8. Vegas-Misfit

Vegas-Misfit Premium Member

I think the warranties on an rcbs and hornady are worth spending the little extra money... Lifetime warranty is always better than 2 years in my book lol