Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
Am I correct in thinking Gen 3 ran from 1998-2009?

Anyone have even a ballpark year for serial number AAFR617? Or AAFR617US? By the way, which one is considered to be the "official" serial number?
The Gen 3 is currently still in production, the only Glocks that Commiefornia can sell to civillians.

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
To me from the pictures the finish appears to be what is referred to as the frying pan finish.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
"Frying pan finish"!! That hits the nail on the head, I think. I knew there was something familiar about the finish on my pistol, I just didn't know how to describe it. That's exactly what it looks and feels like...the coating on a couple of my frying pans.

And you say this finish is "super durable"? That's good to know. Thanks so much for your input.
That was the finish from the pictures it appeared to be as I have a couple with that finish.

Reactions: Little Bear

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
Changed to…what?

Do you suppose if I called Glock, they could tell me? I understand Glock is pretty good about answering consumers’ questions.
Usually not when it comes to proprietary information and I think that is what Glock considers it as,go ahead and see what your result is, nothing to loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts