Help new glock owner problem slide comes off

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by crooner, Jul 23, 2012.

1. crooner

crooner New Member

I inherited a glock 27 from my father when he passed away. I was cleaning it today. But, I noticed something I think is not working properly and cant really find any help on the internet as everything refers to the slide lock and I'm referring to the slide releasing and coming off.

My fathers glock if the magazine is out and you dry fire the weapon the slide will release and can push it forward and slide it right off. I know that cant be right but, I'm not sure I'm looking for or what could be wrong. I will post a picture in a minute of what it's doing. I did notice it looks like the spring has rubbed a little on the housing.

[​IMG]
    Pull the trigger and dry fire the slide will push forward with no pressure at all and come right off
    [​IMG]

This is the inside were I noticed some damage
    [​IMG]

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I think your slide lock is on backwards.

3. crooner

crooner New Member

Yup, sure is after looking at a Parts break down the slide lock is installed backwards. But, my spring must be broken or damaged as it puts no pressure on the bar when i install it the proper way.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'd go ahead and order a new one just for GP. In the interim you could pull the old one out...inspect it and try and bed it back if it's not separated.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

And since I already made these, I'm going to post it anyway lol

Attached Files:

6. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Sorry to hear of your lose.

7. SideOrder

SideOrder New Member

I can't really tell by the picture, but it looks like the slide lock is upside down, if you can see that notch there, it should be on the bottom against the slide lock spring.

8. crooner

crooner New Member

Thanks for the kind welcome and regrets for my father.

I will order a new spring tomorrow hopefully CTD will have one in stock at there store in fort worth.

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

No it goes in like this:

...sorry about your Dad as well. I lost mine several years ago.

Attached Files:

10. crooner

crooner New Member

Also, I noticed this unit has the dual springs. Does that mean its a gen4? It does not say gen4 on the slide as others I have seen do?

11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

It's a Gen 3, they have the same RSA's.

12. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

All the subcompacts have dual springs.

Have fun with the new pistol. Too bad it came with such a loss. Our condolences to you.