Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys so I need your input. This is also my first post! I have read your dialogue for years but decided to make the jump and will soon be a supporter.

Question: I have a Gen 3 Glock 32 that I picked up a year or so ago and have modified to my liking.
-9mm Lone Wolf Barrel
-40S&W Lone Wolf Barrel
-Extended Slide Release
-Extended Slide Stop
-Extended Mag Release
-3.3 Ghost Connector
-Vickers Grip Plug
-XS Night Sight System

With all that said my local shop recently recieved the Lipseys Grey Gen 4 G32 as well as a Battlefield Green cersion. I like the feel of a Gen4 I have the Gen4 30 and the backstraps and more agressive texture are meant for me.

With all that being said:

Option1: Do I make the jump and trade in my Gen 3 + $150 to get the Gen4? (Losing all parts except barrels)

Option 2: Spend $50 and get a custom Cerakote in the same grey, add a black beavertail, and have this Gen 3 exactly how I'd like it.

Be brutally honest! I may not want to hear it but need to haha. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The barrels will fit the gen4.

Do you really want the color and/or gen4 grip?
The Gen4 Grip honestly, it has nothing to do with color when it comes down to it. The 32 w/ large backstrap fits perfect in my hand.

The only reason I don't is due to the parts I'll lose in the deal, but I find myself carrying my Gen 4 more just due to grip. Color is just a plus.

What about Talons? I can pick up the Gen 3 and group very well, but the G4 is more comfortable

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Put the Gen-3 back to stock. Make the trade. Sell the Gen-3 parts to finance mods for the Gen-4.
While I hate the idea of selling any gun, this makes the most sense financially.

Sounds like they'd only give you only $300ish for your gen 3 and that's with two extra barrels??

That deal suck-eth in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
While I hate the idea of selling any gun, this makes the most sense financially.

Sounds like they'd only give you only $300ish for your gen 3 and that's with two extra barrels??

I believe OP said keeps barrels, loses all mods attached to the gun in trade, and has to add cash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Sorry I wasn't very clear! I would keep the barrels.

All other mods would go with the trade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Why not put the gen3 back to factory condition when you sell it.
Then transfer over what fits the gen4 and sell the rest
They have seen and given me very minimal extra based on that.

STOCK Gen 3 trade-in: $375
My Gun w/ mods: $425

$539 for Gen 4 32 + tax etc. Which brings the difference to $150ish.

Honestly if I swapped sights and he still gave me the $425 I would more than likely jump on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you tried the beaver tail gen.3 adapters? It adds some to the length of the back strap.
https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Force-Glock-BeaverTail-Adapter/dp/B004VIZN90

Maybe paired with a hogue universal grip it would give you the feel in hand of a gen.4 with large back strap.

https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Handall-Full-Size-Sleeve/dp/B004WRWAQO?th=1&psc=1

I am going to try the beavertail first. Jumping on Amazon now to place that order. I do currently have a Hogue I just have a hard time with hanD purchase at the finger grooves. #FatFingers LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also thank you all for the input, you have been very helpful!

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Don't add more stuff or trade. Get out and put at least 500 rounds thru it. Just so you know, conversion barrels are not legal in IDPA. Red arrow points to the slide stop and green arrow points to the slide lock. Looks like the OEM mag release to me because the extended OEM is just a G21 mag release which sticks out about 2mm on a small frame.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Personally, if it were me, I would put it all back to stock and trade it in for $375 ( you have much more than $50 worth of parts that will transfer over to your Gen4) or try to get more by selling it yourself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts