Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to find a good holster that I could some day use for CCW. I live in CA and work mostly outdoors, and I'm in and out of my truck a lot. I don't yet have my CCW. I am 6' 4" tall and weigh about 165 on a good day, that said I feel like anything in my pocket will show during the summer months. That is about 9 months a year here in the Central Valley. I only have a G23 but can consider a different gun that will be easier to conceal for a really skinny guy.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I just ordered a TRAPP by Foxxholsters for mine. It is an IWB, so if you want to carry on the outside you may want to look at something from MIKE P at Defensiveholster. His a great too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard OWB. I like it for comfort and concealability.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. I like those both. They look really good. Now I gotta choose. Or maybe I will just get both. My biggest concern is how well they work for a really skinny guy in shorts and a t-shirt. Hmm.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
RimDJ said:
Hmm. I like those both. They look really good. Now I gotta choose. Or maybe I will just get both. My biggest concern is how well they work for a really skinny guy in shorts and a t-shirt. Hmm.
Have you looked into getting a CCW here in California it's super hard. You may have better luck being in the valley.

What part? I have family in Hanford

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. Just south of Hanford. I've met the sheriff here and I've heard he is pro gun. Nothing solid though. Still considering it and reading up on laws around here.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
RimDJ said:
Yup. Just south of Hanford. I've met the sheriff here and I've heard he is pro gun. Nothing solid though. Still considering it and reading up on laws around here.
Really lol my family lives in Hanford and works out near the Harris Ranch. Let me know how it goes I may use my aunts address lol. Good luck and keep us up to date.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Wow. Thats a bit of a drive for them. I work on a dairy farm.

My uncle lives in Tulare county down the road a bit. He got his a couple of years ago so we'll see.

·
Sheep Dog-MCLMM
430 Posts
Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe in horse hide for me. It has been pretty impressive to me. I've carried my 23 in one for 1 1/2 years now. Carried all day yesterday in the 113 degree Oklahoma heat without trouble. Concealment wise its amazing. I'm 6'2, 235 and it just disappears.

·
289 Posts
For me it's the Foxx IWB holster, although I have modified it a bit. I wear business dress attire at work, thus tucked in shirt and slacks, so my belt shows, and most IWB tuckable holsters come with j-hook clips to hold the holster to the belt. These are too visible, and people look twice when they see them. I went to the cross breed site and they have a Velcro clip and a gun belt with sewn in velcro on the inside of the belt. The clips conceal behind the belt without exposing the lip of the clip, and the hold is great. The belt is very high in quality, and it packs my loaded G19 around from sun up to bed time...I absolutely love it. The crossbreed clips mount right to my Foxx holster just fine. I do with the Foxx guys would do something similar further clip options.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
dutchs said:
I just ordered a TRAPP by Foxxholsters for mine. It is an IWB, so if you want to carry on the outside you may want to look at something from MIKE P at Defensiveholster. His a great too.
Please let me know how you like the Foxx Trap holster. I am thinking of getting one for my Glock 30.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Please let me know how you like the Foxx Trap holster. I am thinking of getting one for my Glock 30.
I absolutely love mine for my G23!! I wear it every day and sometimes forget I even have it on. The retention is oerfect and the way you can wear it at any pert of your side or back is awesome!! Nothing against the rest but this will be my choice when I buy for my G21!!

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I want to find a good holster that I could some day use for CCW. I live in CA and work mostly outdoors, and I'm in and out of my truck a lot. I don't yet have my CCW. I am 6' 4" tall and weigh about 165 on a good day, that said I feel like anything in my pocket will show during the summer months. That is about 9 months a year here in the Central Valley. I only have a G23 but can consider a different gun that will be easier to conceal for a really skinny guy.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

With your work schedule you definately need a Sidearmor Holster. The Sweat Guard helps a lot.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I use a white hat holsters max tuck. It is a great holster. I wore it every day in the az summer heat cleaning pools, and no one could tell. Not even my boss! I concealed a G23 gen 4, and a glock 30.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts