help me out guys!

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by zachG23, Jun 30, 2012.

1. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

What is a good glock light for my 23. Something not too pricey but is very durable.

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What is your price range?

3. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

4. HAWKENS

HAWKENS New Member

If your price range is sixty for light then check sportsmansguide or eBay. Just remember you get what you pay for and nothing more

5. zachG23

zachG23 New Member

OK. Thanx..but IM trying to see what everyone else uses and has knowledge on lights anyone can go on eBay or Amazon an by any light.need bang for ur buck

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

The best I could offer is either of these lights at $100 shipped

INSIGHT M3 TACTICAL PISTOL LIGHT
    GLOCK TACTICAL LIGHT
    STRMLGHT TLR-3

I do have cheaper lights, but I would never recommend them for a real gun, airsoft yes, real no.

Attached Files:

7. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto on "you get what you pay for".

I bought a cheapo light off of ebay that was advertised for a Glock 23. Purchased it and tested it. It flew off the pistol after 2 rounds. The light didn't "lock" onto the rail, just a spring loaded clip.

I put it back on ebay with a caveat that it was ONLY good for an airsoft gun.

Check out some of the stuff from NCStar. I've got a buddy who has an NCStar unit on a G19 3rd gen. Hasn't had an issue after multiple range trips.

Hope this helps.
    Dave

8. StoneCat

StoneCat New Member

I use the Streamlight TLR-1. As far as I'm concerned, it's either Streamlight or Surefire.

9. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...on-mounted-flashlight-white-led-polymer-black

Here is a smith and Wesson light for 57 dollars but you get what you pay for. It is going to be harder to find a holster to fit this. If that is not a problem and 60 is the max you can spend then I'd say do some research on it and if you like what you see go for it. But I would recommend the TLR-1 if you could spring the extra 40 bucks.

Attached Files:

10. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Unless Glock offers a light with LED's I wouldn't get one same with the Streamlight/Insight M-3. You can get the LED conv. For the M-3 but it's $51 just for the conv. I have a buddy that got the Streamlight TLR-3 for about $70 Streamlight is professional grade or save your money to get the TLR-1 or a Surefire X300.

Once you use a LED the old xenon and halogen lights don't cut it.

11. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I have a surefire x400 that works well but it's quite a bit more then $60...

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I'd recommend you wait until you can handle $100 and get a Streamlight TLR1. You can often find them for $90 on sale, they are LED, they're very durable and just all around quality lights.

The TLR3 is also a good light, but it was designed for subcompacts, so on a G23, it's not going to fit snug against the triggerguard. You'll need long fingers or have to adjust to reach it. For the extra $20 or so, you'll be better off with the TLR1.

13. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

I also would say to wait and get a TRL-1. I really am impressed with mine.

14. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

The Streamlight TLR1S is awesome and about 100 bucks. It is worth every penny.

15. HAWKENS

HAWKENS New Member

Its Worth it

You should spend it. Hundred bucks for wepon tac light is well worth it. if your happy with it then buy it. If you had another chose before this one the go with it. Either way you will be happy with Streamlight Products.

16. hollywood2979

hollywood2979 New Member

I have the TLR-3 on my 23 and I like it, also the TLR1 on my 21, The question I asked myself was, am I using it to just see, or am I using to see and also blind the person/intruder that I am aiming at, at nite it will give you a definate advantage, I would wait and get a good quality light, after all your asking you gun to save your life, why not give him the proper tools to do it. :)
    P.S. If you go to the glock photos thread and you will see my 23 with the TLR3 light on it, give you an idea of what it would look like together.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  17. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

The TLR1S is a huge step up from the TLR3. The TLR3 looks and feels cheap IMO. Its worth the extra 30 bucks and has strobe in case you want to disco.

18. StoneCat

StoneCat New Member

Haha I don't like strobes personally. Hurts my eyes. I don't know about y'all, but anything over about 120 lumens, when I engage it against light color walls, reflects a bit and ends up stinging me. The assailant is going to get the worst of it, but I feel like he's blinded for 3 seconds and I'm blinded for 1.

That being said, I'm damn sure going to have a light.
    "yes your honor, I was able to positively identify the defendant, who entered my home unlawfully."

19. A_Fond_Farewell

A_Fond_Farewell New Member

Either find a used TLR-1 for under $100, or just wait until you can afford an X300.

If you get anything new for less than $100, odds are you'll just waste you're money....

20. TLR1 for sure. Spend a little more at first and not have to go back and spend it when you are not satisfied with the cheaper one.