Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here is the deal. I had my mind made up on a G23, however, I found a good deal on G30. What is your opinion, pros and cons, of these two guns? I am looking at getting one today.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My best answer is both are great guns. What i suggest would be buying them both you can never have too many glocks. Seriously either or is a great weapon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's hard to say. You can't go wrong with either. I love my 23 but it's going to come down to which caliber you prefer and whatever feels better in your hand. Also, what are you planning on doing with it. I like my 23 because its the right size for on and off duty. The 30 is going to be more of a CC pistol. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy with either

·
Registered
2 Posts
After trying several Glocks....I always found myself going back to the 23. I liked the way it fit in my hand and it is perfect for concealed carry. I highly recommend that you go with the one you keep going back to each time you shoot.

Rita

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I don't shoot .40S&W, so I wouldn't buy the G23. I do shoot .45ACP so I would buy the G30.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From your forum name I take it that you aren't too concern about total fire power? The G23 comes with 13 rds magazines vs the 9 rds magazines for the G30. They're both compact in size but, the G23 has the option of changing calibers to a 9mm or .357 with the simple exchange of its barrel caliber.
I have the Gen4 and Gen3 G23s and enjoy shooting both at the range. My Gen4 is my daily CCW. I've never owned or shot a G30 but, I'd like to try it out some day. I believe that you'll be satisfied with whichever Glock pistols you decide to purchase. Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1 with ati058. Can't go wrong with the 23. I have a 22 and 23 and the 23 is easily concealed and doesn't look like you've put a subcompact in a full size holster if you carry it OWB. Our police department is offered to choose between the 23 and 22 (big guys usually get the 22 and women get the 23, all I hear from the guys is "I wish I could switch back to the 23, I can't conceal carry off-duty with a 22") Personally, I only wish I got the 19 (same as 23 in size, only difference is 9mm instead of .40) so i wouldn't be paying out the nose for ammo. Obviously a .45 will set you back for ammo as well, it ain't cheap.

All in all, I'd go with the 23 between your choices. Whatever you choose will be an awesome firearm that you can depend on though!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
From your forum name I take it that you aren't too concern about total fire power? The G23 comes with 13 rds magazines vs the 9 rds magazines for the G30. They're both compact in size but, the G23 has the option of changing calibers to a 9mm or .357 with the simple exchange of its barrel caliber.
I have the Gen4 and Gen3 G23s and enjoy shooting both at the range. My Gen4 is my daily CCW. I've never owned or shot a G30 but, I'd like to try it out some day. I believe that you'll be satisfied with whichever Glock pistols you decide to purchase. Good Luck.
I second this post. I agree with ati058 100%!

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I love my G30 and it carries 10rds +1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have shot the 23 before, and today was able to shoot the 30 before I bought. I ended up going with the 30, and love it. Although glock has it listed as a sub compact, it was very close to the size of the 23. For that reason, I went with the bigger caliber.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Glad you like it, happy shooting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.