Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 26 for CCW but am now looking for a 9mm range and target handgun. Is the 34 (competition) better than the 17 for this? Thoughts?

·
Registered
846 Posts
GlockBurg said:
PhillyMedic, If I don't plan on carrying since I have a 26, would you recommend the 34 then?
I've never personally shot a 34 but I'd imagine you could get back on target ever so slightly quicker with it. Again it really boils down to preference. I wasn't too keen on the look of the 34 in my hand. Get to a shop and hold both to see what you personally like better. If the 17 and 34 are not there, the 22 and 35 are the same size in .40 just to get a feel.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have both, if you are looking for range and comp.... Go with the G-34.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never personally shot a 34 but I'd imagine you could get back on target ever so slightly quicker with it. Again it really boils down to preference. I wasn't too keen on the look of the 34 in my hand. Get to a shop and hold both to see what you personally like better. If the 17 and 34 are not there, the 22 and 35 are the same size in .40 just to get a feel.
Thanks PhillyMedic, I am headed to a large gun show this weekend in VA Beach, so I will do that.

Skip

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
You will love the G-34. I have added a mag well and set of Dawson Precision fiber optic comp sights to mine and love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going for it, since I have the 26 for CCW do you think its also a good home defense 9mm?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
They come with the Glock front sight tool and punch for rear sight, screw driver for adjustments and multiple finer optic replacements in red and green.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.