Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, and proud owner of a Glock 19 Gen 3.

·
152 Posts
Hello Wisconsin! Welcome to the might, mighty Glock Forum.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome SIR.
Where in Wisconsin? I lived in La Crosse, Madison and Wausau and use to drive that triangle a lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odgreen said:
Hello Wisconsin! Welcome to the might, mighty Glock Forum.

That mighty eh? Lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dslmac2 said:
Welcome SIR.
Where in Wisconsin? I lived in La Crosse, Madison and Wausau and use to drive that triangle a lot.
920 area. Where'd you go shoot in Wausau?

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Hello everyone, I was going to start a new thread but since I'm from Wisconsin as well (920) I figured I would say hi here.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, RichJames, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you started your own thread, and tell us more about you, you'd get more "you" centric welcomes.

Cheers!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rickjames said:
Hello everyone, I was going to start a new thread but since I'm from Wisconsin as well (920) I figured I would say hi here.
It's nice to have local people on this forum. Where'd you go shoot at (range-wise)?

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Thank you. I've been following this forum for about a month before registering. Here's my story, I went to gander mountain and picked out a glock 22 gen3 I was super pumped because it was my first firearm purchase. I never fired a Glock but held one when i was 13 (9 years ago) and have played many video games that featured them, this is probably the biggest reasons why I love them without having actually shooting one. So I'm still a newjack to the gunworld to set the record straight. I was denied for the purchase after waiting 5 days from nics. I impatiently went through the process to appeal it and find out why I was denied and a firearm restriction was on a juvenile case I caught when I was 14. I wrote the judge/DA and they set me up with a hearing that I had yesterday morning. They lifted the restriction and I am now able to own/possess a firearm. I am very excited about the outcome although it took 2 months. So while I was waiting for my court date I have been glued to this forum reading everything and anything about Glocks and what one I really wanted. I feel im going with the Glock 23 gen4 as my first. I have a buddy who owns an xd40 and is still trying to convince me to buy a springfield but I'm not sold on those pistols. Hope you enjoyed my story. :)

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
SIR said:
It's nice to have local people on this forum. Where'd you go shoot at (range-wise)?
I haven't been out yet but as soon as I get my glock I have a friend that has a friend that has some land. So its not really convenient for me since i have to go through a few people just to shoot but hey its outdoor and free
I also seen on the plymouth police department website that they have a range open to the public, I haven't looked into it though, as far as price and hours of operation

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rickjames said:
Thank you. I've been following this forum for about a month before registering. Here's my story, I went to gander mountain and picked out a glock 22 gen3 I was super pumped because it was my first firearm purchase. I never fired a Glock but held one when i was 13 (9 years ago) and have played many video games that featured them, this is probably the biggest reasons why I love them without having actually shooting one. So I'm still a newjack to the gunworld to set the record straight. I was denied for the purchase after waiting 5 days from nics. I impatiently went through the process to appeal it and find out why I was denied and a firearm restriction was on a juvenile case I caught when I was 14. I wrote the judge/DA and they set me up with a hearing that I had yesterday morning. They lifted the restriction and I am now able to own/possess a firearm. I am very excited about the outcome although it took 2 months. So while I was waiting for my court date I have been glued to this forum reading everything and anything about Glocks and what one I really wanted. I feel im going with the Glock 23 gen4 as my first. I have a buddy who owns an xd40 and is still trying to convince me to buy a springfield but I'm not sold on those pistols. Hope you enjoyed my story. :)
I'd get the Glock 23 and get the conversion barrel to shoot 9mm, because ammo can get expensive.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts