Hello from Wisconsin!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SIR, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SIR

SIR New Member

New to the forum, and proud owner of a Glock 19 Gen 3.

2. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Hello Wisconsin! Welcome to the might, mighty Glock Forum.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

4. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome SIR.
    Where in Wisconsin? I lived in La Crosse, Madison and Wausau and use to drive that triangle a lot.

5. SIR

SIR New Member

That mighty eh? Lol.

6. SIR

SIR New Member

7. SIR

SIR New Member

920 area. Where'd you go shoot in Wausau?

8. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

9. SIR

SIR New Member

10. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Hello everyone, I was going to start a new thread but since I'm from Wisconsin as well (920) I figured I would say hi here.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum SIR !!

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum rickjames !!

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, RichJames, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you started your own thread, and tell us more about you, you'd get more "you" centric welcomes.

Cheers!

14. SIR

SIR New Member

It's nice to have local people on this forum. Where'd you go shoot at (range-wise)?

15. SIR

SIR New Member

Thank you.

16. rickjames

Thank you. I've been following this forum for about a month before registering. Here's my story, I went to gander mountain and picked out a glock 22 gen3 I was super pumped because it was my first firearm purchase. I never fired a Glock but held one when i was 13 (9 years ago) and have played many video games that featured them, this is probably the biggest reasons why I love them without having actually shooting one. So I'm still a newjack to the gunworld to set the record straight. I was denied for the purchase after waiting 5 days from nics. I impatiently went through the process to appeal it and find out why I was denied and a firearm restriction was on a juvenile case I caught when I was 14. I wrote the judge/DA and they set me up with a hearing that I had yesterday morning. They lifted the restriction and I am now able to own/possess a firearm. I am very excited about the outcome although it took 2 months. So while I was waiting for my court date I have been glued to this forum reading everything and anything about Glocks and what one I really wanted. I feel im going with the Glock 23 gen4 as my first. I have a buddy who owns an xd40 and is still trying to convince me to buy a springfield but I'm not sold on those pistols. Hope you enjoyed my story. :)

17. rickjames

I haven't been out yet but as soon as I get my glock I have a friend that has a friend that has some land. So its not really convenient for me since i have to go through a few people just to shoot but hey its outdoor and free
    I also seen on the plymouth police department website that they have a range open to the public, I haven't looked into it though, as far as price and hours of operation

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  18. SIR

SIR New Member

I'd get the Glock 23 and get the conversion barrel to shoot 9mm, because ammo can get expensive.

19. SIR

SIR New Member

I'm glad I join.