Hello from upstate NY

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SSFD110, Feb 5, 2012.

1. SSFD110

SSFD110 New Member

I have decide to buy a glock after shooting a 26 and 27. I shot both well and liked the way they felt. I bought a 23 and now just waiting for my permit amendment to come.

2. gnihcraes

gnihcraes New Member

What's this permit amendment you speak of? Curious of the process in NY.

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!

4. EvilD

EvilD New Member

The process is a complete joke and violation of the Second Amendment. There is a state process/law but it varies by county. After you get your permit, you can buy a gun, take a receipt and have it added than pick up your gun. Some judges took it upon themselves to create their own rules and make you wait after your purchase to decide if you are worthy of the fire arm you bought and if they will allow you to put it on your permit. NY sucks on soo many levels, I can't wait to move. The pit called NY city is 1000x worse.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum SSFD110 !!

6. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio! 12 hr one day class and then make an appointment to register at the County Sheriff's Dept. You get your picture taken, finger printed and your permit the same day. Total cost nearly $200 for everything but no waiting. They encourage it in our county. And you can actually buy a pistol in Ohio without a permit and they do run a background check. You just can't carry concealed without the permit. Gotta love it!

7. gnihcraes

gnihcraes New Member

Is this process just to purchase the gun or to get CCW too? Sounds sucky.:mad:

8. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Thats to purchae AFTER you get your CCW, if you get a CCW, this state is all f'ed up. Depending on what county you live in it can take 12-15 months to get a permit. State law says you have a CCW permit, but judges take it upon themselves to put restriction on it, like hunting and target shooting only, but they are administrative restrictions, not law, but, you can get you permit pulled if you get caught carrying out side your restriction. Its a total violation of 2A.

9. gnihcraes

gnihcraes New Member

Wow sorry to hear all the trouble it is back in NY. Colorado is fairly easy.

Buy a gun: Select the weapon, do a background check, usually takes 30 minutes to an hour for it to come back, pay for gun and go home.

CCW: Take a certified class, 4 hours or more for $75 and up your choice of where and what kind of class. Show class certificate to county with CCW Application, pay $152.50 for Sheriff and CBI background check, wait 90 days. If background clears, show up to sheriff department for finger printing and get your CCW license. (90 day wait is just because they can and will)

10. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

Welcome from South Floriduh...the CCW state!!

11. SSFD110

SSFD110 New Member

I've had my CCW since 1994. The County I live in is one of the worst in the State for the whole process. I don't remember how long it took me to get mine in 94 bit now to get a new permit can take up to a year. The Judge here also places "Administrative Restrictions" mine was always "Hunting and Target". I wrote 2 letters to have it removed and ended up with a 3rd restriction "woodland" nobody can even tell me what that means. We just got a new Judge Jan 1 and I'm told he is taking about 3 weeks to get back on an amendment. My application is in for a Florida non resident CCW.