Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Sir!!! I Work For A Living
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been a member for a couple weeks now, but was just browsing to get a feel for things before posting. Currently I'm stationed in Minot, ND. I just paid for my first Glock. A Gen4 23 to be specific. Should be in on Monday. I'm excited to hit the range and start learning.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome mcz0804a!! Enjoy the forum!! What branch you in??

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the Air Force. We're the only branch that would put a base this far in the middle of nowhere. Lol.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I'm in the Air Force. We're the only branch that would put a base this far in the middle of nowhere. Lol.
Good point, I just wanted you to know we have a special sub forum for our LEO's and Military that you need to send a PM to HAVASU to get him to turn it on for you to get in if you would like to. We have a great respect for our Service men and women in this forum! THANKS for your service!! We just had another Air Force member today!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your service! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dutchs said:
I just wanted you to know we have a special sub forum for our LEO's and Military that you need to send a PM to HAVASU to get him to turn it on for you to get in if you would like to.
Thanks for the info, I did so. Some good threads there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Why not Minot? Never made it up there myself. I spent most of my days at Moody and Travis. Welcome to the forum. Defensor Fortis?

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I could work with the F-15's. From what I heard their alot easier to work with for cops than the B-52's. I wouldn't need to stand in the snow/rain/hail, etc. for 10 straight days.

Are you on a different airframe now?

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
mcz0804a said:
I wish I could work with the F-15's. From what I heard their alot easier to work with for cops than the B-52's. I wouldn't need to stand in the snow/rain/hail, etc. for 10 straight days.

Are you on a different airframe now?
No I got my honorable and got out. Had a pretty bad knee injury.

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
Welcome. Thank you for your service.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Hello mcz0804a and WELCOME to the Forum!

Thank you for your service, and congrats on your Glock! Any pics to share?

Cheers!
Not yet, unfortunately they assumed I was a ND state resident and forgot to tell me to bring my orders. But no big deal my extra magazines come in tomorrow so I'll get all of it then.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
1,310 Posts
Welcome MCZ, and I echo my thanks to you. Defenders, Hooaah!

I retired in 2010 and I never made it to Minot, but I spent 6 years at Malmstrom and loved it. My wife's first assignment was an AGE driver at Minot back in early eighties.

Another thing we have in common...my first Glock was a G23, great gun. Just bought # 4 & 5 last weekend, a G21 Gen 4 and second G19 gen 4 for my daughter.

Warning...Glocks are like Lays chips...tough to have just one!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts