Hello from S Fla

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Larryc7856, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hi My name is Larry. While I do not have a Glock yet I am in the market, looking at the G19

2. Welcome to the forum LaRRYC7856!!!! Glock 19 is a perfect choice for a first glock.

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

The 19 is one of the best in my opinion! Small enough to carry, but large enough to carry 15 rounds! :p

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Larry! ! Enjoy the forum!

5. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Welcome Larry,

Where are you from in South Florida ? I too live in South Florida. Davie to be exact.

6. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

Any good outdoor ranges? I'm in Miami. I absolutely HATE Trailglades, I'm never going back there. I've been to Pop's once but their yearly membership is pricey. Never been to Markham Park or Henry's, I'm gonna try Henry's next time just sucks that it's all the way down by Florida City.

7. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Markham Park is good. There is also the Hollywood Rifle & Pistol Club. Personally, out of the two I would go to Markham Park. I'm gonna start going to outdoor ranges more than I have in the past.

8. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

I'm 10-15 mins from markham park and I hear it's a good outdoor range. Isn't the Hollywood outdoor range a members only gig? And it's located on stirling or sheridan?

9. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

Yeah... It's not hard to become a member though

10. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Larry! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
    The G19 was my first Glock and is a great shooter. Very, very versatile Enjoy!

11. kj4963

kj4963 Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

12. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad to have you here Larry!

13. Thanks for the warm welcome, I don't know of any outdoor ranges except Trail Glades and have only been there once and was not impressed. I don't even think there are any indoor ranges in the Homestead area so most of my shooting has been done at a friends camp out in the everglades.
    Again thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning from everyone in here.

14. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

Pop's Range was the best outdoor range experience I've ever had, but they have an expensive yearly membership fee ($100 I think)... They used to let members bring non-members along once in a while, so I went with a friend once without having to join. I've heard really good things about Henry's Range down in Homestead but I haven't gone yet. You don't have to be a member to shoot at Henry's.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012