Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a bit and decided it was time to introduce myself :D. I was just waiting for my NYC permit to come in, and it did today! I'm looking forward in buying my first glock, but I'm stuck between the 9mm and 40. I know that some 9mm have ejection problems and I have read that some 40cal Have been known to ( kaboom). Some input would be appreciated.

Thank you guys for your time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome, congrats on your permit! I'm 2 months in waiting on mine to show up. I have a gen 3 G19 and have had zero problems. Great gun - easy to shoot and relatively cheap ammo to train with. I'm sure more opinions will come along soon.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
WELCOME alinero! I have a G23, never a drop of problem! Enjoy the forum.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on getting that permit! I have the 9mm Glocks and the hubs has the .40 cals. You can't go wrong with either one. All of them are great shooters. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a G19 and G26. I've only had occasional problems when using standard ammo. A few FTE's but not many at all. But with +P or +P+ ammo, nothing. They love high power ammo. Welcome. I'd get the 9mm for cheapness of ammo and more rounds in gun.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Welcome alinero.. Congrats on your NYC permit. My Westchester permit took 6 months, for target only...

Love both of my G19 Gen3s. Not a problem with either. Enjoy the forum. Good people here..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts