Hello from NYC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alinero718, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've been lurking around for a bit and decided it was time to introduce myself :D. I was just waiting for my NYC permit to come in, and it did today! I'm looking forward in buying my first glock, but I'm stuck between the 9mm and 40. I know that some 9mm have ejection problems and I have read that some 40cal Have been known to ( kaboom). Some input would be appreciated.

Thank you guys for your time.

2. runman

runman New Member

Welcome, congrats on your permit! I'm 2 months in waiting on mine to show up. I have a gen 3 G19 and have had zero problems. Great gun - easy to shoot and relatively cheap ammo to train with. I'm sure more opinions will come along soon.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

WELCOME alinero! I have a G23, never a drop of problem! Enjoy the forum.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

5. Welcome to the forum ... ;)

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on getting that permit! I have the 9mm Glocks and the hubs has the .40 cals. You can't go wrong with either one. All of them are great shooters. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

7. chief203

chief203 New Member

I have a G19 and G26. I've only had occasional problems when using standard ammo. A few FTE's but not many at all. But with +P or +P+ ammo, nothing. They love high power ammo. Welcome. I'd get the 9mm for cheapness of ammo and more rounds in gun.

8. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome alinero.. Congrats on your NYC permit. My Westchester permit took 6 months, for target only...

Love both of my G19 Gen3s. Not a problem with either. Enjoy the forum. Good people here..

9. Welcome to the forum, congrats on the permit!!!! :)

10. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

11. Welcome and congrats on getting the permit