Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m John from New York. I’ve been a Glock owner for 25 years and currently have a G17, G30, G43X and a G44. My wife is also licensed and we enjoy going to the range 2 or 3 times a month. Happy I finally registered and glad to be here.

2,050 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m John from New York. I’ve been a Glock owner for 25 years and currently have a G17, G30, G43X and a G44. My wife is also licensed and we enjoy going to the range 2 or 3 times a month. Happy I finally registered and glad to be here.
Welcome to Glock Forum!!!!!!

· Registered
82 Posts
welcome, from Florida
i heard it was very difficult to get lisenced to carry a firearm in NYC……is that true?
a few years ago on AR15.com I was reading about an off duty out of state officer that was arrested for carrying his off duty handgun in NYC n when he went to court, the judge showed no leniency n actually scorned him for being a police officer n breaking the laws of “her” stat
i don’t recall the outcome, as it was several years ago
is it really that difficult…?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome, from Florida
i heard it was very difficult to get lisenced to carry a firearm in NYC……is that true?
a few years ago on AR15.com I was reading about an off duty out of state officer that was arrested for carrying his off duty handgun in NYC n when he went to court, the judge showed no leniency n actually scorned him for being a police officer n breaking the laws of “her” stat
i don’t recall the outcome, as it was several years ago
is it really that difficult…?
I live north of NYC and have a concealed carry permit for 30 years. Until the recent Supreme Court decision, it was extremely difficult to obtain a concealed carry permit. NYC has its own licensing requirements and doesn’t allow anyone to carry within the city unless they are also licensed by NYC. Therefore, I can carry anywhere in NY state except NYC.

· Registered
82 Posts
I live north of NYC and have a concealed carry permit for 30 years. Until the recent Supreme Court decision, it was extremely difficult to obtain a concealed carry permit. NYC has its own licensing requirements and doesn’t allow anyone to carry within the city unless they are also licensed by NYC. Therefore, I can carry anywhere in NY state except NYC.
So the city laws there, supersede the state laws ?

· Registered
224 Posts
A city can have its own law if it is at least as strict as the states. Many counties in New York used to have very different hand gun laws. Although the new State Law allows concealed carry if you take a 16 hours handgun course, including 2 hours of range training, there are still plenty of restrictions, city, state, county and federal as to where you can actually legally carry concealed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts