Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Very Cool Member
3,192 Posts
19X or 21, or both. I love my 9mm & .45 ACP's.

·
Very Cool Member
3,192 Posts
I have a Gen 5 G19 too. Love it too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking to build a competition gun. Thought is to get a Model 34 first. Question is should I get a Gen 3 , 4 or 5?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like there are some real advantages to the GEN5 MOS even if I am going to change things like the Barrel and trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Welcome from Ohio! No doubt the people here will be able to help.

Reactions: Slowalker

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am looking to build a competition gun. Thought is to get a Model 34 first. Question is should I get a Gen 3 , 4 or 5?
Not sure what the gun rental situation at the ranges in New York are like. I would rent all three and go from there. I knew I wanted a g17 but was deciding on a four or five. Rented both and decided on the five. Plus, aesthetically, I like the finish. Guess What I’m saying is it’s a personal choice

·
Gunslinger
9,700 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. I am new to Glocks also but I already have 9mm, 40S&W and 45acp. Glocks are addictive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In New York you can not rent a handgun. Technically, you can't even shot someone else's. If it is not listed on your permit, you can not technically shoot it. In reality, I can shoot some of my friends guns at my home club, but the only one with a Glock is a rebuilt Gen3 Model 34 with an aftermarket, trigger, threaded barrel with muzzle break, optics holder etc. I would love to shoot a stock one to begin with.

I went to a store in Manhattan that had all three, Gen3,4 and 5 and like to stock grips of the Gen5 without the finger groves. I like the MOS also since it gives some freedom to mount a quality red dot right on the slide. I don't mind the added $103 for the Gen5, but understand that there is a better trigger in them as well as a more accurate barrel, so if I change things out, I guess I am wasting the added cost.

I am also looking at a Pardini and a STI DVC, but want to own a Glock, so I will make a decision soon.

If I travel to a range in PA, I can rent a gun there, even one with a surpressor. So, maybe I will do that, but at $707.00 from Buds Gun Shop, I just may buy it and worry about the rest later.

Thank for all the input.

Bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, don't know much about Oklahoma, but I lived in Funrow, Qeeziana for a few years. I ran a division of a company that had its own gun club, which was nice. Of course Monroe is not at all like Southern, LA, but I was in New Orleans at least one weekend a month.

Bob

·
Low speed High drag
2,167 Posts
Not sure what the gun rental situation at the ranges in New York are like. I would rent all three and go from there. I knew I wanted a g17 but was deciding on a four or five. Rented both and decided on the five. Plus, aesthetically, I like the finish. Guess What I’m saying is it’s a personal choice
No rentals without a pistol permit in NYS. I go to Connecticut to shoot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Technically, if you read the full New York State Safe Act and Firearms Code you can't rent a gun even with a pistol permit (handgun) nor shoot someone else's handgun, except with a permit and under the owners direct supervision.

Bob

·
Low speed High drag
2,167 Posts
Technically, if you read the full New York State Safe Act and Firearms Code you can't rent a gun even with a pistol permit (handgun) nor shoot someone else's handgun, except with a permit and under the owners direct supervision.

Bob
Hudson Valley shooting sports has rentals. Alot of glocks and some others.
I cant speak on how legal it is but they do it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts