Hello from Michigan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StavosWS6, May 8, 2019.

1. StavosWS6

StavosWS6 New Member

I live in southeast Michigan and i'm a brand new gun owner, shot pistols several times with my dad growing up fell in love with his Glock17 Gen2. I just recently purchased a Glock 19 Gen5 in April. I've been going to the range every weekend for the last 6 weeks preparing for my CPL class at the end of the May. After watching several hours of some great Youtube channels on grip, stance, and trigger pull, and dry firing in the basement for 15mins a day i'm starting to notice my grouping improve.

Once I complete the CPL course I plan on using my Glock 19 for range practice and home defense, and a Glock 43 for pocket carry during the warm summer months in MI.

Thanks for the invite and excited to talk to some fellow Glock users in the future, i'm coming to find out the gun crowd isn't full of unapproachable jerks, but more then accommodating and helpful, just as much as other hobbyist!

Danzig likes this.
  2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum

3. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum

4. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome. I grew up in Michigan between Flint & Port Huron, about 45 minutes from Sarnia Ontario, but managed to escape near the end of the Jimmy Carter administration... :)

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

6. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Howdy from North Texas!

7. Fab

Fab Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey hi from the other part of the Ocean! What's a 'CPL Class'? :eek:

8. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hello from Kentucky.

9. jctyler3

jctyler3 Member

Concealed Pistol License.

10. Fab

Thank you :)

11. Danzig

Texas
    There are a bunch of different names for the same thing. Individual states have acronyms for licenses.
    CCW - concealed carry weapon
    CHL - concealed handgun license
    CWP - concealed weapons permit

There are a bunch of others.

Here in Texas we went from CHL to LTC - license to carry, as open carrying of a handgun was added to the license.

Fab likes this.
  12. Fab

Hey thanks Dennis, I really appreciate your explanation, I always thought that you US guys are the devil of the acronyms! In the US everything has got a lot of acronym! :)

I really like the concept of the concealed carry license.

Fab

Danzig likes this.
  13. Danzig

Texas
    True. I wonder if it’s an American thing or other cultures do it. Brits do it too. I actually have a book somewhere that has military acronyms.

Here's one that I’ve been told originated from US troops in WW2,
    FUBAR - Fu**ed Up Beyond All Recognition

Fab likes this.
  14. Fab

Here in Italy we don't use acronyms like you do, but in the recent years since we try to copy everything you do I see more use of them.

Danzig likes this.
  15. Lars1

Lars1 Active Member

Welcome from Northeast Kansas.