Hello from Maine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HazmatJeff, Apr 18, 2012.

1. HazmatJeff

HazmatJeff Junior Member

Hi my name is Jeff and I'm from Maine. I've joined the forum to learn more about Glock's. I turn 21 in May and am looking to take a CCW class at the end of May. I plan on getting a Glock 19 for daily carry.

2. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

Welcome Sir... There's plenty of G-knowledge here. Enjoy!

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, HazmatJeff, and WELCOME to the Forum!

4. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Greetings/welcome! I just purchased a G19 two months ago... which makes me think I'm 21 again!

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome hazmatjeff
    You sure will learn a lot of great info here.
    Don't forget to search the forum for things your wondering about. Many threads are full of info.

7. DDPG17

DDPG17 New Member

Maine
    Hello and Welcome Jeff! Good to see another Mainer! Have you thought about which class you are going to take? They fill up fast sometimes so dont wait too long!

8. HazmatJeff

HazmatJeff Junior Member

As of now I believe I am going to go with Maine Tactical in Scarborough, but I may find something cheaper.

9. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum.
    Great choice on the Glock 19

10. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum HazmatJeff !!

12. DDPG17

DDPG17 New Member

Maine

My buddy took the class in Benton (he advertises on craigslist and uncle henrys) and it is $65 and only about 3 hours maybe 4 if theres a lot of questions. No testing and no shooting involved.
    " NRA Home Firearms Safety Course Sunday 4/29 9-1, and 5/6 9-1.This meets the requirements for both Maine and Florida Concealed Carry Permit Applications. This is a non shooting course that teaches the basic knowledge and skills necessary for safe handling and storage of firearms and ammunition in the home." This was in the Uncle Henrys

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  13. HazmatJeff

HazmatJeff Junior Member

There's a place in Gray, Howell's, that has the same course without range time and for the same price. It's also closer to me.

14. DDPG17

DDPG17 New Member

Maine
    Howells is a great place. Very nice people there and good on the prices too.