Hello from IL

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SgtShowtime, Apr 12, 2012.

1. SgtShowtime

SgtShowtime New Member

I found the forum in the iphone app store. cool idea. I have been catching up on some of threads. It will be fun to share ideas with other gun nuts without all the rude know-it-alls on other sites. I carry a Glock 22 Gen4. I love the combination of shot capacity and stopping power in .40. I experimented with a streamlight Tlr-1s but didnt like the feel of the light hanging from weapon. Im old school I guess. I like the handheld tactical lights. No accessories on my gun except Glock night sights of course. I own a shotgun, ar15, and a subcompact 9mm as well. My wife wont let me buy anymore guns though :(

2. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Hello Sgtshowtime, welcome to the very best forum. The members on this forum are so knowledgeable and helpful. I have learned so such since becoming a member.

Attached Files:

3. bfish

bfish Member

Well since you carry in Illinois we know you are an officer haha where are you at Illinois?

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, SgtShowTime, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Thank you for that nice introduction, and we hope you will enjoy the company here.

Cheers!

5. migs

migs New Member

Welcome Sgt!!!

6. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum neighbor!!! Wisconsin here..... :)

7. reas0n555

reas0n555 New Member

Welcome to the forum,one thing I found out that wives/girlfriends can be anti gun sometimes. The best way I've dealt with it is to take them to the range and let them shoot. Within time she might like shooting guns and buy one, it worked for me,

8. SgtShowtime

SgtShowtime New Member

Yeah I agree. I bring my wife with me to the range so that she stays familiar with handling a weapon and some of the basics in home defense. She is a really good shot for a novice but she doesn't think we should have too many guns in the house. My opinion is there is no such thing as too many guns. I have kids but I have given them a lot of safety instruction too. So I don't really understand her reluctance but hey what can do?

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum SgtShowtime !!

10. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Welcome aboard

What part of Illinois you from?

Is that you in the honor guard pic in your avatar? I was on our HG for for 7 years, I was supervising the team for a couple years and in Feburary 2010 I ran the HG team that buried my friend Mike Lord. After his service I left the HG team, after that one I just couldn't do it anymore.

11. SgtShowtime

SgtShowtime New Member

Im from Chicago. I'm not in the pic. It's actually the honor guard from the funeral of Officer Clifton Lewis CPD. He was killed Dec 29, 2011.