Hello from Guatemala

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheCrow, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TheCrow

TheCrow New Member

Hello everybody greetings from Guatemala!

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum..

3. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Welcome aboard!

4. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Welcome to the Glock Forum !

5. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

Welcome and Glock on!

6. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Welcome!

Are you an expat or guatemala citizen?
    Thought about living there might visit this spring?? Any advice??

7. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Welcome to GF!

I really like your dip.

8. LoL! You sound like Uncle Si!

9. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome! I have visited Guatemala many times... Pana, Antigua, Guatemala City...

Used to go in August.

Bienvenido, Chapin...

10. Bienvenido Amigo,

11. TheCrow

TheCrow New Member

Hey,Zombie....Guatemalan Citizen, living in Gua...

Advice ... The best I can offer is just keep your eyes open... As in any place in Central or South America if you are not latin you will stand out, so just try as much as you can to blend in.... Dont be "flashy", money, cameras and stuff.... And you will be fine.... If you want additional info just let me know and I woulf gladly help as much as i can ;) let me tell you... You are in for a treat coming to guatemala, thats for sure!

12. TheCrow

TheCrow New Member

Gracias Amigo

13. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

That's good advice any place and at all times. That being said, I guess I'm wondering how they feel about gringos?? I've heard that weapons are very expensive there also. Are you restricted to non military calibers?

14. TheCrow

TheCrow New Member

Well gringos are very much welcome down here so that's not an issue.... Weapons are expensive for instance I just bought my very first Glock 22 3rd gen ... At $1500 usd......... And restricted not quite, see there are some that are restricted but to a carry permit,if you want to have it at your home .... You can....

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

16. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Well that's good to know. I hear the weather and mountain climate is incredible as well as the people. Nice exchange rate for the quetzal too. Sorry if I misspelled that.