Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yowe4441, Mar 2, 2012.

1. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Hey guys,

My names Ryan and just became of legal age to purchase pistols so I figured I might as well go big so I bought a glock 22 and a 23. Love them both. Look toward to learning more. Thanks!!!!!

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yo, Ryan! WELCOME to the Forum!

You'll find lots of tips and tricks here on customizing your Glocks, as well as varied opinions on the same, so you've come to the right place!

Congratulations on your Glocks, and again, welcome!

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Welcome.

But going big wouldn't that mean a 21 and 30 :D

But I can't talk I shoot a 19 lol.

Where in CO?

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

2 great choices, I carry the 22 everyday for work and I've got 23s that I love for concealed carry.

5. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Yes true web....but figured I would get 2 rather than 1. Plan I getting multiple calibers. I live in the northern co area currently for school but grew up just outside of Denver. And yes I'm loving the 22 and the 23 seems to be a good sized CCW for me.

6. Webphisher

Nice, I'm down in Denver now, getting ready to go get me a G34 Gen4 for comp shooting. The 22 and 23 are great guns. My buddy that does work with DoD uses that exact combo.

7. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Very cool I wouldn't mind getting a 34 in the future for some comp stuff. I just purchased a production belt setup for the 22 and plan on trying it here soon.I don't reload yet so I know buying ammo for matches is going to be very very expensive. Gotta get down to the gun shop I like down there to get so tactical stuff. Have you found any good ranges in Denver?

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Is that your new 22 in your avatar?

9. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Thank you and yes it is :)

10. Welcome to the forum and congrats Ryan!!!!!

11. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Thanks. Been waiting for a while to be a glock owner/ pistols in general

12. Webphisher

Ya, http://www.blucoreshootingcenter.com/ . Best range in denver so far. And by Denver I mean Lakewood. No I don't work there but I am a member. $300 gets you unlimited range use and the ability to reserve a lane. No range fees after you pay the membership which I've not seen any range do yet. As far as reloading goes, DONT with the .40. Everything I've read said especially Glock to Glock reloads of .40 is bad news. To be honest, Walmart has the Federal Champion ammo cheap as hell. For me I drop $20 for 100rnds of 9mm. It's more for the .40 but not bad compared to all the looking I've done.

Now anyone with experience on the .40 reloads feel free to correct me please, I'm just going off what I remember from reading here.

13. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Okay I will have to check that range out. Sounds like a really good deal. And ya I got a box of federal .40 for $27 which seemed like a pretty good price

14. webroach

webroach New Member

Ryan, welcome to the forum. The 40 is simply nasty (in a wonderful way)!

I've been using the Remington UMC in my 21. Nice and cheap, and even though Webphisher claims it's so dirty he gets a case of black-lung every time we go to the range, I like it, and it's plenty accurate. You might try a box to see if you like it (~$100 for 250 in 45 ACP).

Again, welcome and enjoy your new Glocks!

15. yowe4441

yowe4441 New Member

Ya I will have to give it a try. They are always out at Walmart and big5 is too darn expensive so I just have to make a trip to the gun shop ( closest one 35 miles away) and see if they have any. They usually only carry LE type ammo (rangers, gold dots, hornady).

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum yowe4441 !!