Hello from California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by antek, May 10, 2012.

1. antek

antek New Member

I've been looking at these forums for awhile now and finally had a chance to create a user name. Currently don't own any guns but I plan on purchasing a Glock 17 for HD/Range sometime this month!

2. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome to the forum. G17 is a nice firearm.

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum!!! What part of California? A glock 17 is a perfect choice for new gun owners and veterans alike.

I also have a 17 and it was my first handgun, I LOVE it.

4. antek

antek New Member

I live in Northern California near Sacramento. Still debating on what I should do to it when I get it. I really want to polish the barrel / pins and get a stainless steel guide rod to match. I'm not sure on the 3.5lb trigger pull though.

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to my northern neighbor. I'm sure you will like it here, and if not, let me know!

6. glocknloaded

Great I am in the Bay Area. I would first suggest running a bunch of rounds through it and determine what you need, when I bought mine I had all kinds of plans but I found all I needed was a extended mag release, extended slide release and night sights which I haven't done yet but there next on the list.

7. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Greetings from Sacramento and welcome! There are a number of forum members from our area, not to mention this is a great forum overall.

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Antek, and WELCOME to the Forum!

9. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay, you will find there are quite a few things to do with your Glock to modify/customize it, I suggest using baby steps and taking your time so you get exactly what works best for you :)

A G17 is a great choice for a 1st Glock as it is a classic, you won't be disappointed and I hope you enjoy feeding her many rounds :)

10. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Hello There, First thing... Good hearing protection. & Some of those nice Shoot & See targets. & Lot's of ammunition. & Shoot it.

Repeat steps 2 & 3. Enjoy.

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time here.

12. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Antek. The Glock G17 is an excellent choice for you first Glock. You will not be dissapointed.
    Enjoy!

13. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey welcome!!!! We have a Norcal/reno group up and eventually would like to do a Glockforum shoot for anyone nearby.

14. glocknloaded

Can't wait....

15. jmanwill

jmanwill New Member

Welcome, the G17 was my first Glock too.

16. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Welcome from Sacramento area also! Glad to see you here also.

17. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Hello...

Welcome :)

18. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Welcome, I'm from California too, SoCal.

19. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome from Florida! I hear we are both falling back in the ocean some day! More reason to get shooting more often!! Welcome.

20. Welcome from Twisted Monkey Customs!! Can't wait to do some work on the new gun when you get it ;)