Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself to the Forum.
I am currently a proud owner of a Gen 3 G22 and a Gen 2 31C.i am also a certified Glock Armorer.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome davidr91f! Enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have a question! I was trying to change out the slide release on my G27, but the pin that holds it in (bottom pin) WON'T BUDGE! Not even when whacking it with a hammer! Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
782 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ... ;)

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have a question! I was trying to change out the slide release on my G27, but the pin that holds it in (bottom pin) WON'T BUDGE! Not even when whacking it with a hammer! Any ideas? Thanks!
oh my god please don't hit it with a hammer anymore. Which direction are you trying to go?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Jiggle the slide release. that pin has a slight groove it it. You are just driving the pin into the slide release. Push gently on the same side as the slide release while wiggling the slide release and it will come out.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Davidr91f, Welcome to the forum, we could always use more Glock Armorers here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum!

sorry it took me so long to respond. make sure that you have the weapon laying with the slide stop lever facing up. and you should remove the pin going from left to right. make sure to move the slide stop lever fowards and backwards while still applying pressure on the trigger pin. Newer weapons are a little harder to get out. Lastly, NEVER use a hammer on your Glock there is no need for use of a hammer on any disassembly or reassembly procedure on this weapon. I hope that this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
davidr91f said:
sorry it took me so long to respond. make sure that you have the weapon laying with the slide stop lever facing up. and you should remove the pin going from left to right. make sure to move the slide stop lever fowards and backwards while still applying pressure on the trigger pin. Newer weapons are a little harder to get out. Lastly, NEVER use a hammer on your Glock there is no need for use of a hammer on any disassembly or reassembly procedure on this weapon. I hope that this helps you out.
I did all of those things and it still wouldn't budge. That's why I resorted to the hammer. Would grit/sand/grime affect the pin not wanting to move?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Might I suggest YouTube? I had the same exact problem with my 26. They are right about not needing a hammer. If you can push or wiggle the slide stop towards the muzzle of the gun while tapping the pin it will release and come right out. You can find anything on YouTube, especially for your Glock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.