Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by davidr91f, Jun 5, 2012.

1. davidr91f

davidr91f New Member

Hello everyone just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself to the Forum.
    I am currently a proud owner of a Gen 3 G22 and a Gen 2 31C.i am also a certified Glock Armorer.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome davidr91f! Enjoy the forum.

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Welcome to our GF family. :)
    Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

4. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

I have a question! I was trying to change out the slide release on my G27, but the pin that holds it in (bottom pin) WON'T BUDGE! Not even when whacking it with a hammer! Any ideas? Thanks!

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to our community davidr91f!

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

7. DEZRTFOX

DEZRTFOX New Member

Welcome David, I'm new myself.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

9. Miniquik

Miniquik New Member

Welcome Davidr91f!!!

10. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Welcome, great bunch of folks her. Enjoy.

11. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum. Best forum out there!!

12. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Welcome from NC!

13. Welcome to the Forum ... ;)

14. oh my god please don't hit it with a hammer anymore. Which direction are you trying to go?

15. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Jiggle the slide release. that pin has a slight groove it it. You are just driving the pin into the slide release. Push gently on the same side as the slide release while wiggling the slide release and it will come out.

16. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Davidr91f, Welcome to the forum, we could always use more Glock Armorers here.

17. davidr91f

davidr91f New Member

sorry it took me so long to respond. make sure that you have the weapon laying with the slide stop lever facing up. and you should remove the pin going from left to right. make sure to move the slide stop lever fowards and backwards while still applying pressure on the trigger pin. Newer weapons are a little harder to get out. Lastly, NEVER use a hammer on your Glock there is no need for use of a hammer on any disassembly or reassembly procedure on this weapon. I hope that this helps you out.

18. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

I did all of those things and it still wouldn't budge. That's why I resorted to the hammer. Would grit/sand/grime affect the pin not wanting to move?

19. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Might I suggest YouTube? I had the same exact problem with my 26. They are right about not needing a hammer. If you can push or wiggle the slide stop towards the muzzle of the gun while tapping the pin it will release and come right out. You can find anything on YouTube, especially for your Glock.